• Tweets

• Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
    • Please provide advice on the following situation: I rented out my property to four students for 16 months until March 2024. Initially, the property was in very good condition, but now it needs extensive renovation. This includes redoing the bathroom, replacing the kitchen, removing wallpaper, and redecorating due to significant mold growth. The tenants also left their furniture on the grass, which is owned by the local authority. As a landlord, I've met all legal requirements. It seems the damage was caused by poor ventilation—windows were always closed, and heating wasn't used. There was also a bathroom leak fixed by reapplying silicone. I tried to claim insurance, but it was denied, citing tenant behavior as the cause by looking at the photos, which isn't covered. The deposit barely covers the repair costs, or else I'll have to pursue money claims, which I've never done before and am unsure about its legal complications or costs. Any thoughts on this?
    • The part in question was bought direct from Hotpoint (to replace a burnt door interlock and melted wiring). I'm unsure of the original retailer the machine was bought from, we're talking 5 years+ ago, but I can find out if absolutely necessary. It's one of the models that was listed on the recall list, but Hotpoint have stated for many years it wasn't an affected unit when given the serial number - I expect this is why they offered a FoC engineer visit because I sent them pictures of the (new ) burned door interlock.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Newmans chasing my Amex account

bubbsie1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know that feeling well! I'm sure I read somewhere that no DCA has ever made anyone bankrupt. The SD costs nothing so they send it out as a threat, I had one a couple of weeks ago (you may have read my thread about What do I do to make them bankrupt me or similar). I wrote back saying please go ahead and got a letter back saying they won't BK me, but will go for a CCJ instead. I've now written back saying it goes against the court services' advice to go to court with no realistic chance of getting your money and pointing out a load of issues which made it pointless for them. I await their reply.

If they would be sensible and listen first, threaten later if needed, then they may get further!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tingy

I agree entirely with what you say, if they had been reasonable I could have been paying something towards the debt. Interestingly enough since I sent the CCA request I haven't had another statement from them; makes me wonder what their next move will be?

I'm not sure I would be brave enough to say 'go ahead make me bankrupt' I have a flat with equity and so worriy they will go down the charging order route or worse still bankruptcy.

Bubbsie

Edited by bubbsie1

I wouldn't say go ahead and make me BK in your situation either. In my post I caution very heavily against it. My circumstances are very unusual and I actually do want someone to bankrupt me before the new laws on it come in. Sadly they won't play ball after using it as the ultimate threat.

Hi Tingy

just read your thread on the bankruptcy issue so now have a better idea of why you would encourage them to take that action; had a bit of a rye smile on my face, I imagine they were stunned to get your letter saying 'yes please go ahead' must be few of those received in their profession (hestitate to call it a profession but couldn't think of anthing derogatory enough).

Notwithstanding the excellent advice and support I have had since finding CAG I am now at the point where I am seriously thinking about selling my flat next year (if I can stretch it out that long) and once I have found somewhere I can buy outright just dividing up the rest of the money between my creditors.

Otherwise it seems to just go on and on.........

Thanks for your help

I wish we'd done that before it was too late, but it's easy to talk with hindsight. The important thing then is to make sure you've learnt the lesson and not repeat it all again. I'm sure you don't need telling that! I'm glad you have a way out of it and a chance to start again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

has anyone had any dealings with RMA Resolve; initially had CSL/power2collect dealing with my Amex account, finally received what they say is my agreement after sending a CCA request, still deciding whether to send a CPUTR letter then this 'LOT' appear.

A new one on me, wondering if anyone has had dealings with them whether there is an email address so I can email them and tell them to B.Off and save the price of a postage stamp.

RMA Resolve based in Preston deal with all major cc companies and have connection with Moorcroft

and possibly other agencies if you are going to contact them personally if would contact

by snail mail.

Can you post up the agreement so the guys can advise please?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Brigadier

I did say yesterday it 'may be tears before bedtime' after laughing so much at BCW!! Initially I started a thread on my Amex Account in Jan 2011, after a lot of advice didn't need to do anything for a couple of months while waited for CCA stuff, posted on the old thread so no new takers hence this thread.

It arrived last week (waited almost three months) when it arrived no signed agreement, the page with the signature box empty, however Tingy has advised evenwithout the signature can be enforced ( card obtained October 2008.

In the covering letter Amex had said they have sent me statements and they rely on these to prove the debt/agreement.

My scanner won't co-operate at the moment, so can't post the docs!!

Just wondering what my approach to RMA Resolve should be? Is it worth writing and making a fuss and ask if they have an original agreement/is what they sent me a true copy of the agreement etc.

I may also consider making a token payment directly in to the Amex account since I still get statements from them and even though the account is closed they still charge me interest.

Just wanted some info on RMA/Resolve and whether they are as heavy handed as Newmans/CSL/ should I write and advise them only just received docs and still communicting with Amex so s.off

I have a feeling I should have aded this to the thread I did last week,so if a site member could take pity on me and move it where it should be I would be extremely grateful.

incidentally when doing this thread there were 10 guests on it.........................................

Thanks

Hi bubbsie is this just a blank pro forma agreement form or an application form ie does it have any personal details on it?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi Brigadier

it is absolutely blank; I have pages of terms and conditions and then the page where the agreement should be signed is absolutely blank, just an application form.....

Nothing, no name, address, DOB, zero!!

Maybe it's not the scanner it may be me, will get one of the kids to have a go later, then might be ale to post the thing here.

Thanks

Edited by bubbsie1

AS much as I respect Tingys opinion Bubbsie I reckon they are taking the P**s with that who on earth would be willing to pay

out on that information ,If I send yo a blank form saying this is what your contract might have looked like if you had one TWADDLE:-x

I think write back and tell them you reject the documents as being valid proof of any alleged debt and bit remains in dispute

until they fulfill your legitimate request. RANT OVER:madgrin:

• Confused 1

Thanks brigadier I'll do that tomorrow; actually I didn't mention it was completely blank on the initial post, I just said it was unsigned, so my fault for not being accurate there (sorry Tingy I'm still learning).

Do I write to RMA and advise them this account is in dispute so F.Off? as well

A very productive rant Brig if I may say so

Yea the more the merier keep putting the pressure on them to provide the correct information and until the do there is sweet F/a they can do and

if they go to final response you can get FOS involved . Good luck bubbsie glad the rant helped.

Brig

Amex accounts tend to do a round robin of a veritable rogue's gallery of DCAs.

In my case I had RMA (twice), AIC (twice), Newmans, Capquest, then threats of legal action from some very heavyweight London lawyers (nice paper), then threats of legal action from another firm of solicitors. None were able to produce any enforceable paperwork. Epic fail.

Hi SP

so far I've only had Newmans and RMA,so on your experience a fair way to go then..................amazing the first letter from newmans told me I had assetts I could liquidate and settle the debt in full, if not they would issue an SD, make me bankrupt, as soon as I sent the CCA request, they disappeared.

So I'll send the letter that bridagier has suggested and wait for the next round:boxing::boxing::boxing:

Hi

had another look at the docs Amex have sent me and they are as follows:

A copy of an e-application with my details printed on which does include my name, adddress,DOB, email adddress, phone number and so on, very difficult to follow it because it looks like some sort of secret scientific formula!! it is so bizarely set out it would be impossible to work out what date the application was made or the card issued.

Then I have pages of basic terms and conditions and another page with the credit agreement which is unsigned; just worried since it is an e-Application I may be sunk and it is enforceable!!!!

HELP

Pnic ye not bubbsie, can we get a look at this form please?

Sorry Brigadier

which form, if it's the e-Application form even if I could upload it I would not be able to obscure my details becuase of the format, its written in a 'recipe' format which gives my personal information in a series of codes which run through the entire two pages; so I am (presumably) identified all the way through on both pages.

If you want the part of the CCA that's unsigned will try that, but I suspect it's the application thats important.

Could I send it to someone via PM or is that a dam stupid question? (rhetorical question of course).

Hi Bubbsie the one with the scientific formula,

can you describe the wording at all as it sounds as if it may be a computer screen prit

Brig.

Hi Brig

I think you may be right about a computer screen print, here goes:

Headed CARD HOLDER INFORMATION

Then a series of columns with reference numbers as follows:

PCT CODE XXX CCCC PCN XXXXXXXXXX Logo Code XXXXXXX

Comp XXX App Rcvd Date XXXXX CM Name (my full name)

Prefix Name xxxx Password Type X XXX Pswwd (mum's maiden name)

Last Name (my surmane) First Name (my christian name) Middle Name xx xxx

Marital Status xxx DOB (my DOB) Gender x XXX

Language Type xx xxx Bill Ind X XXX Alltered xxxxx

And it carries on in that vein.

Blimey got a headache now, need a large G & T

Thanks Brig

Fee x xxx

The seems like a screen print of the account set up being entered on to their system to me bubbsie

some of the others may have more info but i really don't think it constitutes any sort of agreement more like the

processing of an application.

I just had a look at A SAR I did for a friend and the document in it is so similar and it is tagged

SP account app set up . They do like their abbreviations just like the army.:madgrin:

Well thats good to hear Brig; hopefully some of the other members may be ale to shed some more light on it.........

Shall I crack on and send the non-pliance letter and tell RMA to F.Off or wait for further battle plans to be drawn up?

I think get the letter off and remind them again it's in dispute it'll probably get on their T*ts but so what.:boink:

Have you noticed over 200 guests on this sub forum

hello guests:suspicious::spy: