style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3642 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, my son bought a bike from halfords, he reserved it online and asked them to assemble it in store. After he had paid for it and he had begun riding home the handle bars came loose and he lost control of the bike, he was close to the road and crashed then a car nearly hit him. The bike now has several scratches and my son has a scraped knee which could have been alot worse. The person who assembled the bike obviously did a poor job of it and i want to know what i can do about this.

You must contact the store asap, preferably in person, and talk to the manager. Your follow up action will depend on what he says.

Let us know tomorrow if you are satisfied with his response.

You should contact the store manager. The outcome depends on what you are seeking. Obviously the bike is now damaged through no fault of your son, so the minimum would be a brand new identical replacement and I woudl suggest a fw extras by way of an apology. The other end of the scale would be actual compensation for his injuries and a lawyer would best advise on that.

Personally, I would seek a brand new replacement bike and nothing less. Be polite but firm.

:!:

Halfords again!

The only time that I ever put a formal complaint to Trading Standards (instead of sorting an issue out for myself) was when a bicycle tyre purchased from Halfords exploded as soon as I tried to ride the thing. Thinking that this was therefore an emergency, as a matter of health and safety, I went straight to the local office of Trading Standards which proved to be big mistake in view of their eventual response, ostensibly polite and helpful but desperately slow and ineffective.

The better plan is probably to have a word, face to face, with the manager of the store, on the assumption that it is not their actual intention, to put your life at risk.

Your not alone.

I've brought 2 bikes in the past from Halfords and both where put together by incompetant idiots.

I would never but another bike from them ever again, what they claim in tv adverts is a world away from what they are capable of.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

Thank you for all the replies, i will try to speak to the manager directly and may pursue it further depending on what he says.