Dodgy main peugeot dealership?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in a predicament with my car, ill start from the beginning.

At the end of april 2010 last year i bought a 58 plate peugeot 308 from the main peugeot dealer in my area, i p/x my ford focus with them at the time and set up a new finance for the 308 had test drive as you would. I picked up a few bad points such as a chunk of rubber missing in the door seal, no spare key, electric window didn't work etc.... and something strange i noticed was on the advert it said the car had done 28,000 miles and when i took it for a test drive it had 36,000 i questioned them but didn't really get a straight answer. After a serious moan off the fixed everything i asked off them but its got to a point where i love the car but want to get rid of the finance so i phoned Barclays who the finance was set up with to ask about a settlement figure and how i can go out selling the car thinking it was HPI but they told me i can do what i like with the car because its a personal loan rather than HPI as long as i pay the installments or pay the settlement figure fair enough.

But i take it to a dealers today to p/x it and they quickly done an HPI check and found it had finance still on it! plus the dealers we took it to checked with peugeot when they last done a service because they hadn't stamped the book and it was in feb 2010 at 28,000 miles 2 months before we bought it and two months later its being advertised at 28,000 miles when its on 36,000 so 8,000 miles has magically appeared.

The thing that annoys me is the dealer who was buying it off me today cant buy it because their is still finance on the car but its not my finance because peugeot themselves bought the car on finance and its a completely different company to barclays. the dealer said it might be where they haven't taken the HPI off i don't know but after having the car just over a year it should of been off by now, what i keep hearing is they have sold me the car illegally.

Any help on this would be much appreciated Francis.

yep you need to to dealer that sold you the car with hpi info on the car and ask them to sort out, as you have no finance on the car. They should certainly not sold it with an outstanding debt on it. ( could be an error )

Can you get any info such as who the debt is with and when defaulted.

See what they say then see where we go from there.

Luckily myself and my partner managed to get a print out of most of the details and what's surprising is that im the 3rd registered keeper but the registered keeper before me is toomey peugoet its self, the agreement date for the HPI is 25/02/2010 for 12 months type-miscellaneous?-no idea what that is. Recorded with GMAC (UK) Finance plc and it has like the vehicle summery as you would expect but it also says No of former keepers-2 and then its got start date of current keeper change 29/04/2010 which is the date i purchased the car but knew nothing about this, as far as i knew they set up the barclays p/l and that was it