New a/c needed for Hubby with 0 Credit rating- any recommendations?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We're about to claim back my husband's bank charges (SAR posted 1st class to Barclays last night), but wishing to follow the advice on the site I'm looking to get a new a/c set up for him asap. Problem is-he's got a very bad credit rating (not really his fault). He's been trying to leave Barclays for a while because they've refused to give him an O/D but he gets rejected by other banks because of the bad credit and also his dismal record for constantly going overdrawn.

Can anyone recommend a bank that might accept him? All the bad debts were settled 2 yrs ago- he just goes overdrawn on a regular basis (mainly because they won't give him an overdraft). He doesn't need a debit card, just a cash card and the facility to set up & receive Direct debits.

Yes, I got one of them too with no problems. Online Banking facility is great and you get everything you could need from a bank account except for a chequebook and overdraft facility. Only prob you might find is that where most banks allow you to put enough money in your account on the day a dd is coming out, this one needs the funds in by close of business the previous day or else they bounce you.

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" - Martin Luther King Jr

Thanks very much- will give that a go and let you know how we get on. He has genuine heart rending reasons for having a shocking rating- not that I expect them to be sympathetic. We probably won't use the natwest a/c, it's just in case barclays get nasty. I'm going to transfer all his DDs to my a/c anyway since he's so bad at keeping it in credit- we just don't want him to be left with no bank a/c at all!