BankFodder BankFodder

themadcap

Barclays ignoring FSA and refusing mortgage charges refunds

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3243 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am currently running a claim on behalf of my brother from Barclays now Woolwich mortgages for charges of £40per month for arrears admin charges.

Barclays have issued him with their final response with a resounding no so taking it to court, I am unsure how restitution would be calculated on the claim and appreciate any help

cheers

this should be no problem recovering charges on the bank if they all mortgage arrears charges. The FSA decisions in Deutsche bank, Redstone and also Kensington make it entirely clear that it is unfair and therefore against FSA regulations to live a mortgage arrears charges that exceed the administrative costs.

In my view you are correct to be claiming restitution. You do not have to do the calculations. Restitution is based on the idea of forcing the bank to disgorge the profits they made on your money. If the court agreed to order restitution then it would order the bank to disclose the profit it had made and then the court would force the bank to hand over the profit to you.

Therefore, you simply ask the court to order restitution – an amount to be decided by the court, or alternatively the refund of your charges plus interest £xxx +8% interest pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts act

Thanks BF court claim + restitution going in on Monday