Roxburghe chasing Hospital 'speculative invoice' - CLaim now issued

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you responded to the CPR 18 request then you have 7 days from that dated order to set a side on the grounds that you have responded.

Regards

Andy

wait there im confused, what is ths CPR 18?? everything i've recieved from them has been uploaded into this thread, i cant find anything about a part18, i've also checked all my scanned files, and can not find it there...?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, they issued you with a CPR 31 request to name the driver.

Did you do this? If you did not know, you were entitled to say so. Did they send you a photo of the alleged offence?

If not, it looks as if they have applied to the court to force you to reply to a part 18 request. Did they ever send you a part 18 request? You should have had a chance to respond to one – if not, there may be an abuse of process.

If you did respond, then as said, you should apply to have the order set aside.

Part 18 requests have to be responded to promptly with a statement of truth.

wait there im confused, what is ths CPR 18?? everything i've recieved from them has been uploaded into this thread, i cant find anything about a part18, i've also checked all my scanned files, and can not find it there...?

21st March they requested the information in your above scan/post, they state you have not responded hence their application.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

found this which stats i refuse to give details, i said something like i wasnt the driver, and i was unware who is, like how they turn it around. lol

image15eh.jpg

this was infact what i sent, still have it on the pc..

The Defendant denies he is indebted to the Claimant in any way. He is the registered keeper of the vehicle in question but was not the driver on the day alleged. The Defendant does not even hold a valid UK driving licence.

Therefore no contractual agreement between the two parties exists.

It is submitted the Claimant is abusing the court process and is embarking on a fishing expedition in an attempt to identify who they entered into an alleged contract with. The Claimant has simply made a claim against the registered keeper of the vehicle as a matter of course instead of the person with whom they actually formed a contract with. This is despite the Claimant being aware that the keeper was not the driver.

It is noted that the Claimant seeks payment for breach of contract resulting from not displaying a pay and display ticket The Defendant is unaware of how a valid contract could be construed that would owe the Claimant the amount he seeks since it cannot be a genuine reflection or pre-estimate of any loss incurred. The Claimant admits he is seeking payment under alleged breach of contract. It is trite law that sum for breach of contract which is not related to loss would amount to an unenforceable contractual penalty.

It is requested the claim be struck out under part 3.4 (2) of the Civil Procedure Rules:

a) the statement of case discloses no reasonable grounds for bringing the claim

b) the statement of case is an abuse of the court's process

could they have sent something, and i not recieved?? I did tell Rox you have moved, and maybe they did not tell ??

Even the court send everything to my new address

Edited by aargh

Defence is fine aargh but they have evidence the car was there and parked at that date and time, so if you wasn't driving who was?

You could be subpoenaed to court under oath to give this information Im afraid.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry, they issued you with a CPR 31 request to name the driver.

Did you do this? If you did not know, you were entitled to say so. Did they send you a photo of the alleged offence?

If not, it looks as if they have applied to the court to force you to reply to a part 18 request. Did they ever send you a part 18 request? You should have had a chance to respond to one – if not, there may be an abuse of process.

If you did respond, then as said, you should apply to have the order set aside.

Part 18 requests have to be responded to promptly with a statement of truth.

i did respond to something, was a court form. unsure if it is what you say, i did not recieve anything else other then what i have put onto this forum, i have everything on my pc, and on my imageshack account and can not see anything about a part 18.

Right - you can positively confirm/guarantee that you WERE NOT driving the vehicle on the date they claim.

Do you actually know who was - because they are going to force this issue in court - by having the Judge ask you !!

And i dont own a valid driving license, which they know, and it could of been 3 people. were talking about over a year ago..

and no i havent seen any evidence at all.

Then it sounds like a CPR 18 request went to your old address. That’s why they have applied to the court to force you to answer.

Do you know who was driving? If not, can you tell us why? Do several people drive your car?

That could be a defence, and one they would be likely to be unable to overcome.

How did they get your address then for serving the order? They would have provided it to the court, not the other way round.

So yes, that would be your defence. It’s straightforward. They cannot prove who was driving.

However, as you did not receive the Part 18 request, you should apply to have the order set aside, otherwise you will have to pay their costs.

Your reasons for set aside, on an N244, are:

1. You entered a defence to the claim and CPR 31 was not relevant until disclosure stage.

2. You did not receive a CPR Part 18 request from the claimant, and therefore had no opportunity to answer this at no cost to yourself. The claimant has provided no evidence that this route was followed in order to keep costs to a minimum. The claimant abused process.

3. The defendant has stated (s)he was not driving the vehicle, and has no driving licence. At least three people could have been driving the car at the time. Due to the time elapsed since then, the defendant has no recollection of who was driving.

4. Notwithstanding (3), the claimant has provided no visual evidence of a tort which could assist the defendant in identifying the driver, which the defendant believes should be a minimum expectation.

5. As per evidence submitted already, the defendant refutes the allegation and requests the court strikes out this claim which the claimant know knows to be spurious.

6. Costs.

Since you are looking to set aside and you have a fiesty judge, I would enclose an affidavit with your application: http://www.uk-psa.org/GenAff.pdf

It's free to get it sworn at the court and just puts another obstacle in front of GW. Everything is accompanied with a statement of truth, yes, but it's the strongest way of refuting their accusation that your 'refuse' to name the driver.

Since you are looking to set aside and you have a fiesty judge, I would enclose an affidavit with your application: http://www.uk-psa.org/GenAff.pdf

It's free to get it sworn at the court and just puts another obstacle in front of GW. Everything is accompanied with a statement of truth, yes, but it's the strongest way of refuting their accusation that your 'refuse' to name the driver.

And what do i enter in this form?

thanks for your help al27

Your reasons for set aside, on an N244, are:

1. You entered a defence to the claim and CPR 31 was not relevant until disclosure stage.

2. You did not receive a CPR Part 18 request from the claimant, and therefore had no opportunity to answer this at no cost to yourself. The claimant has provided no evidence that this route was followed in order to keep costs to a minimum. The claimant abused process.

3. The defendant has stated (s)he was not driving the vehicle, and has no driving licence. At least three people could have been driving the car at the time. Due to the time elapsed since then, the defendant has no recollection of who was driving.

4. Notwithstanding (3), the claimant has provided no visual evidence of a tort which could assist the defendant in identifying the driver, which the defendant believes should be a minimum expectation.

5. As per evidence submitted already, the defendant refutes the allegation and requests the court strikes out this claim which the claimant know knows to be spurious.

6. Costs.

would should i put as the claimant? east kent hospitals or mr sobell??

also going to need help filling this form out??? :s

According to the Application against you, East Kent Hospital is the Claimant and/or Applicant.

Graham White are the instructed sol'rs.

And you are the Defendant or Respondant. Defendant in relation to a claim against you. Respondant in relation to an Application against you.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Keep the N244 brief - use what DonkeyB has said. You can give a more detailed defence to the court later.

I cannot read your PDF I am afraid but yes you do want a hearing. What else are you worried about?

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

As neither of those links work can you please give me the form number ??

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ah.. it is a N244 application.

Hold on a sec..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It asks do I want a hearing, how long, wha time of judge. Like I said never filled out so have no idea...?

http://hmctscourtfinder.justice.gov.uk/HMCTS/GetForm.do?court_forms_id=484

It's the top form

Do you want a hearing - Yes

Time is usually around 30 minutes to an hour.. so put 30 minutes.

In the bit where it asks if the time estimate is agreed with all parties - tick NO

You want a Judge to hear it - so put - Judge/District Judge

You will have to wait for further advice if there is anything else you want help with.. sorry..

BCOBS