LloydsTSB and Iqor

Jonny_J

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Caggers

I have a debt from a personal loan with LloydsTSB, which has been to several DCAs, and now ended up in the dubious hands of Iqor. I did the usual and sent a CCA request, to which I received no answer. So after the statutory period I sent a "Debt in Dispute Letter" stating very clearly why I dispute the debt.

A few days later, Iqor wrote back to me saying that they were investigating this. But they clearly weren't contented with that.

I have now started to receive phone calls at all hours asking me to identify my self to them. When I ask who is call ing they just say that it's on behalf of LloydsTSB and that they're calling from Preston. When I ask for the company name, they say that they're not authorised to give that information. I know it's Iqor because I did a check on the number.

I said that they were being unreasonable to expect anyone to give out personal information to someone who won't give a name, and was told that I should just do as I was told! :-x

Any ideas please?

Worry tends to make the smallest thing throw the largest shadow - Swedish Proverb

Just entertain them on the phone, tell them your best jokes, each time they try and tell you how important the call is and you should do as your told, ask them if you need to sit on the naughty step?

What imbeciles, Idiot Iqor are great to run rings round, I'm hoping they will contact me again as I sooo miss winding them up.

If they have failed to supply your CCA, you have disputed the account, there is NOTHING else you need do, other than report them and complain to the OFT&TS via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

The Financial Ombudsman http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Your Local MP http://www.writetothem.com/

Keep a diary of events reference their harassment by phone, and report them to the Police for the criminal offence of harassment.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks BB

It's good to get advice like this. When they started calling I began to doubt that I was handling the situation in the right way, but now I will follow your advice. Thanks once again.

Worry tends to make the smallest thing throw the largest shadow - Swedish Proverb

Tbh ignore my flippant reply, what you SHOULD do, is answer, then when you realise it is them, either hang up or state "Everything in writing only" then hang up.

Never ever go through their farcical 'security' questions.

Don't get into ANY conversation with them on the phone, the spotty little boys & girls they employ have only just been recruited from a well known burger flipping joint, and the power of a desk a phone and a flip chart with their script on, will have gone to their tiny minds and given them delusions of grandeur.

Therefore if they think that you are going to hang up, they will try and have the last word, normally a threat that they themselves would feel intimidated by.

Keep a diary of events with regard to their phone calls and report them to the Police for the criminal offence of harassment, this IS a criminal offence NOT a civil matter, don't let the front desk fob you off, they are there to serve us.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

........state "Everything in writing only" then hang up......

good option. they will then be on further notice that you require any communication in writing. as bb says, keep a detailed log of all calls.

imo

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

Thanks guys. I feel empowered to deal with them now.

When I wrote to them I said that they must only communicate in writing, so this is the best option in my opinion.

Rebel. They're calling on 0845 1460185. I haven't tried to call it back.

If they call anymore over the weekend, I will be sure to report them to the Police I think.

.......If they call anymore over the weekend, I will be sure to report them to the Police I think.

doubt that the police would get involved. but maybe worth a try?

imo

IMO

I have friends in the Police Ford, I think something could be arranged, even if it just lets them know that they can't do this.

I have friends in the Police Ford, I think something could be arranged, even if it just lets them know that they can't do this.

fair do's :)

IMO

doubt that the police would get involved. but maybe worth a try?

imo

Which is exactly the reason why these clown outfits continue to break the law and abuse harass and intimidate people over the phone.

What they are doing is committing the criminal offences under the following acts:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1997/40/section/1

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/27/section/1

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/21/section/127

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1970/31/section/40

If the Police try and tell you that it is a 'civil matter' then you should ask to speak to a senior officer, preferably the "Duty Inspector", the majority of people who run the front desks in the stations that are still open! Are only civilians, who have little to no idea what is and what isn't a criminal offence. Harassment most definitely IS, so if the front desk don't want to know, get a senior officer to take your complaint.

Well, they rang again last night at 7:25 pm and I did what you said Boo. "Everything in writing only", and the idiot on the other end mumbled something about me not wanting to negotiate a discount and hung up :-D

Take control, hang up before the telephone threat monkey does, or just laugh at them, have you got a copy of the laughing policemen? You can put that on in the background each time they ring!

Log all their calls and then report them to the Police.

BB. I got a letter from Iqor this morning saying that they have been trying to contact me to let me know that they are suspending all collection activity on the account until such time a LloydsTSB supply a CCA. Strange as the phone monkey was mumbling about a substantial discount :???:

This is actually quite encouraging as Westcott gave up after a CCA request and sent it back to Lloyds before I could put it into dispute.

But you're right about taking control, and I love the Laughing Policeman thing. That's a classic.

Well from what you say, if Wetcloths dropped it like a hot potato when challenged to produce the legal docs, then Idiot Iqor are likely to do the same.....but don't hold your breath!!

• Confused 1

• 9 months later...
Thanks guys. I feel empowered to deal with them now.

When I wrote to them I said that they must only communicate in writing, so this is the best option in my opinion.

Rebel. They're calling on 0845 1460185. I haven't tried to call it back.

If they call anymore over the weekend, I will be sure to report them to the Police I think.

Iqor called me. Their number is 01772 220504. They asked me to verify who I was and I said I just have ( I told him my common Law name). I said I need you to verify who you are and he said he just did but said I need to verify who I am for data protection. I said because of Data Protection, I can't speak to you. He said Lloyds don't want to talk to me so I said I want to speak to Lloyds when they talk sense.