I don't understand....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4729 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have trouble with Lloyds TSB (namely three accounts that i cannot keep up repayments on due to falling ill last year) and was recommended this site by a friend who has kindly shown me how it works.I am here to find advice on the best way to CLEAR my debts, but reading people discussions i can only see people advising each-other on how to best AVOID paying your debts.Why does everyone on here feel the need to not pay back what they owe? All i have seen is "send them this letter, send them that letter" - i have not seen anyone so far who has suggested actually paying their debts!! I cant help but feel that part of the reaosn my interest rates are so high are because others, like some people on here, deliberately avoid paying back what they owe. I was not raised like that.Can anyone give me some CONSTRUCTIVE advice rather than ways to delay/avoid paying my debts?Very dissapointed(apologies if i have offended any genuine people in need like me)

we are not a debt avoidance forum and strive hard to keep this so

however

you certainly should never pay anyone without assertaining their legal right to collect money

have a read of seq's blog in my sig

that should answer most of your needs

please comeback if you need any further advice

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Lol has website changed to debt helpline, go into a dmp, if that's what you want. Google payplan as there are a few free services if you want to pay.

Don't forget who got us in this recession and who make billions of £ from us. It's just payback time. If they don't have the right paperwork then why should you pay.

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

hanks for your help dx100!unfortunately i am certain of Lloyds right to collect my debts!D

You are 100% sure that they have the correct paperwork have you even asked for it. If you want to pay offer £1 a week.

Remember these debts are at the bottom of a list of money that you need to pay, mortgage, rent, council tax, money for food come 1st

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

I think you will find a lot of the time this advice is given because a person with problems is unable to come to an arrangement with the banks. There isnt a great deal of sympathy in the banking sector for people who have fallen on hard times (in a lot of instances through no fault of their own).

Charges pile up and eventually the banks write the debt off to tax (which effectively means they loose absolutely nothing) and sell it to a DCA for a fraction of the amount. The DCA's are known to use extremely harsh and underhand tactics to obtain the full original amount (or as close as they can get to it), causing so much stress, heartbreak and sometimes suicide.

The system is rotten to the core, there are always people who are going to try to get out of paying just as there are many many honest people who never asked for or wanted to be in this situation. I know quite a few people who offered to pay the banks a token amount until they got another job after being layed off. None were looking to shirk their responsibilities yet the banks choose to sell the debts off and where hounded by DCA's attempting to recover the full amount. they they very likely only paid a fraction of its face value for.

Theses companies use every trick in the book, from SD, CCJ's by the back door, threats of courts, threats via phone calls etc the list goes on and on. What you see is a reaction to this injustice and rotten system.

I really do hope you can come to some arrangement with your creditors and dont find yourself in a situation where a DCA is ringing you ten times a day, sending post cards through you door saying baliffs are going to call, threats of court etc. Its a nightmare of epic proportion.

Id always advise that you come to the best arrangement with your creditors you can for the circumstances you find yourself in, but even then banks have been known to sell your debt on even after arrangements have been made.

Its a murky horrible system and after you have been on the end of it once or twice you start to fight back.............

• Haha 1

Lol has website changed to debt helpline, go into a dmp, if that's what you want. Google payplan as there are a few free services if you want to pay.

Don't forget who got us in this recession and who make billions of £ from us. It's just payback time. If they don't have the right paperwork then why should you pay.

Not a debt avoidance forum?????? I can see i'm in the wrong place.

Before you come in here on your high horse saying that people are trying to avoid their debts then i suggest you find another site to visit. Then I suggest you read some more posts and see what these DCAs do to people. If you want to pay off your debt as advised phone up a debt helpline who offer their services for free. But don't come back in here and moan when you receive threatening letters and 10 phones calls a day asking for template letters to make it stop.

They will use the law to their advantage and so will caggers.

You amazingly replied to this post but completely ignored mine? I really do hope you don't end up on the receiving end of a DCA. Im 100% sure you would be back here eating humble pie and asking for help. Seen it so many times before.

This is an open and free site and as such you will always get polar views on anything. As DX has stated this is NOT a debt avoidance site but it is concerned with empowering consumers to ensure the right people get the repayments and at a level that a consumer can manage.

S.

As you wish to pay your debts, why not inform the DCA's of your hard times, and explain your situation to them,Im sure they will listen more sympathetically than this forum ever could, maybe they could explain to you how to defend your CCJ or SD claim, maybe they will also guide you through the whole debt and court process hand in hand, and offer more support than this forum.

Maybe they wont lie to you, maybe they wont add charges, maybe they wont add interest, maybe they wont harrass you day and night, maybe they wont ccj you, maybe they wont send the bailiffs round, maybe they wont send threaten letters to your home.

Maybe you might get a DCA who does not give a toss about your situation, and just wants your money and does not care how they get it or what they have to put you through to get it.

"Always ask for a CCA, Simples".

I think you will find that most people only find this site after they have tried to come to an affordable payment arrangement with their creditors. It's the appalling behaviour of the banks and dcas that lead them here. This is not a debt avoidance site it's a life saving site.

A new troll on the block! Whoo hoo! :cheer2:

Is it a slow day in the office debtor??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Account deleted. Have fun staying in debt the rest of your lives. I'm going to sort mine out so i dont have to hide under rocks like a slug.Toodalooooooooooooooooooo

Your words on inspiration and made me rethink my approach to debt.

Then again ......se ya later.

PS which DCA do you work for?

Must be Lowlifes, they always sniff about looking for legal advice.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Account deleted. Have fun staying in debt the rest of your lives. I'm going to sort mine out so i dont have to hide under rocks like a slug.Toodalooooooooooooooooooo

Non of us here condone debt avoidance, but at the same time we do not condone unlawful practices that DCA's and banks use such as harassment that has driven people to suicide, when it turns out the debt was not even their debt. We help people to put the dca's in there rightful place and repay what they can afford and not what the DCA's tell them to pay. Not only that this site handles many consumer issues and is not just about debt's which makes this a consumer advice website not a debt website.

So go have fun trying to sort out your debts and dealing with abusive harassing phone calls, and i hope you enjoy paying unlawful charges and interest that is added onto your debts oh and not to mention your Debt Management companies fees. But most of all, i hope your debts are older than 6 years old, that way we can call you the fool that paid a debt that you were unlawfully chased for and that you did not legally have to repay.

Where here to inform people of their legal rights and how to stand up for their legal rights - i do not see how doing so can be called debt avoidance when it is their legal rights that they are enforcing.

I like to think that this site has saved a lot of people from committing suicide and i have no doubts that help and advice here has saved lifes no just in regards to debt matters either. So i have to ask you, do you condone driving people to suicide or helping people to enforce their rights that puts a stop to such tactics used by DCA's that lead people to take their own lifes? Going by your previous posts, its clear you do not support giving help and advice to those that need it, so before you come back, i suggest you learn to grow up a bit and not to be such a self centered and immature idiot.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I am here to find advice on the best way to CLEAR my debts, but reading people discussions i can only see people advising each-other on how to best AVOID paying your debts.Why does everyone on here feel the need to not pay back what they owe?

Most people are here because they've already tried to CLEAR their debts and the creditor is often the party who tries to AVOID the debts being cleared.

An unsecured debt with a voluntary arrangement is worth far less on the balance book of the bank than the same agreement with a CCJ and charging order attached.

Have you read through the forum much?

Still if it helps:

The best way to clear your debts is to pay them back as quickly as possible. If you are unable to pay your debts in full immediately you might try entering into an arrangement to pay with your creditors either self managed or through a recognised scheme such as CCCS.

if you are succesful then they will not look to secure your unsecured debt against property or by getting a CCJ against you.

But there are numerous examples on here of this happening so I can't categorically state that you wont have it happen to you.

Soory but I can't categorically assure you either that you will not spend the next few years receiving abusive phone calls from 7am til 10 pm from whoever the creditor chooses to sell or pass the debt onto. This again happens regularly despite payment arrangements being in place when they "review your circumstances" and decide that you can afford to pay a bit more.

In a few years time you might find that you still owe more than you do now despite having paid religiously. this is quite normal as many creditors continue to add interest after entering a payplan or after having secured a CCJ.

At that stage you might find it worthwhile googling to see if there's anything you can do about the vicious circle they've locked you in to.

You'll probably end up back here.

Of course you can strengthen your position prior to entering into negotiation by ensuring that the creditor is entitled to demand the full sum they claim and it further strengthens one's position at the negotiating table if you are forearmed with the knowledge that the debt may or may not be enforceable in law.

Nobody suggests you use the knowledge to AVOID paying but you sure as heck can use the knowledge and help you receive here to AVOID paying more than you lawfully should.

Edited by Jasper1965

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

totally agree with you teaboy2 - this site in invaluable to people like myself and many others who are trying to clear our debts - there are so many helpful people here who offer advice and support to those in need thanks :)

I reckon this has run it's course, the troll didn't have the responses in front of him in his script to respond, and no doubt his Mummy has slapped his legs for playing on their computer. Oh well back to the crayons then....:closed_2:

The fact this phone monkey feels the need to come on here posing as someone in financial difficulties is testament to this sites effectiveness & impact on the debt collection industry.

It tried but failed , a bit like their threats & harassment tactics do who when we educate ourselves on our legal rights Every day, more & more people are standing up to these idiots & their industry is becoming a lot less lucrative:violin: ................ good old GAG:whoo: