Daily Mail - taking on the parking xxxxx

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4722 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The reason Neil was delighted by my case was he had long been waiting for a chance to test this point of law in court. Usually motorists threatened with such penalties simply pay up.

On his instructions, I therefore told Apcoa that my case was to be handled by Mr Herron, who wrote to them accordingly. He was sure they would not wish to argue his points before a judge, because this could set a legal precedent which would blow one of their prized sources of additional income out of the water

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1386568/How-I-took-parking-Nazis-won.html#ixzz1MDjKSSZP

What a complete load of garbage, why do people actually read the Daily Mail? Apart from trying to compare giving out parking tickets to mass genocide the story is complete rubbish. Are they seriously trying to say that Mr Herron the owner of the UKs largest commercial parking appeals business has never until now had a complaint about PPCs and on top of that is stupid enough to think winning a claim in the County Court is going to set a legal precedent??

Yes, 'creative journalism', nothing new and perhaps ignoring is better than fighting it but if it serves to make more people aware of the [problem] and not pay up without question then that is not a bad thing.

The point G&M /MM is that not everyone is on the internet and aware of this and other forums and articles like this help to get the message across that all they have is a speculative invoice

It will also irritate the PPC industry who rely on people not knowing it is a [problem] and pay up without question

The point G&M /MM is that not everyone is on the internet and aware of this and other forums and articles like this help to get the message across that all they have is a speculative invoice

It will also irritate the PPC industry who rely on people not knowing it is a [problem] and pay up without question

It may also make people think they need to pay Mr Herrons company for the advice they can get here or several other places free of charge!!

yeah and I would be carefull of green&mean as he is a PPC mole although very carefully disguised :-) or maybe of all the posts of his I have read which is loads, he is just being pragmatic?

After 6000+ posts, I think someone might have noticed. :)

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Mole PPC species - small insignificant creatures that prey on unsuspecting motorists. When they crawl out from under their stones and post they are invariably spotted within minutes as they are generally not overly bright and give themselves away.

G&M is not one of these, cantankerous at times maybe but most of his posts are useful ones :wink:

yeah and I would be carefull of green&mean as he is a PPC mole although very carefully disguised :-) or maybe of all the posts of his I have read which is loads, he is just being pragmatic?

17qxc6.jpg

I'm not blind and I don't live a hole!! I think in the last year I have posted no more than 10 times on PPC threads so you need to get your facts right before you start posting rubbish!!

Great graphics, G&M, you have talent I don't possess.

Whilst I've been on an IT enforced absence from CAG, you're not pink and mean any more. I liked the panther, what happened to him? [i hope it wasn't nasty :)].

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum