Private housing estate using PPC - Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4704 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, a little advice please if there is anyone with knowledge around this.

My wife, two children and I live on a private housing estate. We had a letter from our property management group a few months ago that a decision to enforce parkings restrictions has been opposed.

Last week we have had UKPC signs go up all around our estate, and a letter requesting we forward our car reg and allocated bay number so that we can be issued 1 badge for our bay and 1 visitors badge.

As majority of the residents have two cars, we have had to adjust the way we park by means of utilising space more intelligently than the way the bays have been layed out. This does not obstruct access or cause nuisance. And obvioulsy use visitor bays for our second cars.

We could "potentially" play ball with the new arrangements IF some of the visitor bays that were on the site diagram hadnt been allocated to other properties (a plan from solicitors when purchased, not a build plan). Might I had the benefitting properties already have a garage a space in front ot their garage and yet another allocated space away from there property. Without seeing their lease I dont know what they have been truely allocated, myself I have been allocated one space.

Where do I stand? Noone I have spoken to wants a PPC operating here or sees the need. Without correction to the imbalance of bays it makes the situation imppossible to obide by the parking rules and multiple parking tickets can be issued during any hour of any day.

Im in breech of my lease by having two cars I guess, so are many others. Im parking here so already agreeing to their contract. Loosing sleep over this one, I will be issued multiple fines when ever we are parked, even the second car couldnt use our allocated space when one car is away as the badge wont have the correct details.

Sorry for the essay just wanted to paint a picture, please help!

May I ask if your management company is one of the Peverel group of companies?

We're in the same boat as you with a management company forcing a PPC on our estate where nobody wants them; not UKPC though.

May I ask if your management company is one of the Peverel group of companies?

We're in the same boat as you with a management company forcing a PPC on our estate where nobody wants them; not UKPC though.

I had a PPC appopinted to cover parking where I lived, I just ignored it, I always parked sensibly but just binned their invoices and ignored all their letters