style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have received a parking ticket from the local council. its not exactly a parking ticket but a notice asking for £100 or face a court action and more charges.

i have been into the office today and spoke to a lady who was very helpful, it seems that the ticket is from janaury and the firm have completed the forms as if to say that i owned the vehicle at the time.

I never owned the van and i cant say for sure when i drove/parked the van but i am sure that if i had seen a ticket then i would have done something at the time (when it was £30).

I dont think that the ticket is down to me and i dont think that the firm should be filling in forms saying that i owned the van, especially as i was only filling in for a few weeks.

Can anyone advise what to do? The lady at the council thinks that it has gone too far to just pay £30 but is speaking to someone.

many thanks.

It all depends on the ticket unless you give us more info its hard to answer your questions. It does sound like an excess charge notice rather than a PCN in which case the owner is legally obliged to supply the name of the driver in a similar fashion to speeding tickets.

Thanks for the help. The letter talks about a penalty charge notice and that I have failed to pay a penalty notice (that I had no knowledge of).

Im only going on one letter and a short conversation right now so dont have the full details myself.

I feel a little bit like I have been stitched up as I never park on double yellows and I did would not have missed a large yellow sticker on a windscreen - my eyesight isnt that bad!

Once again without documentation its impossibleto help guessing doesn't help anyone! The Council is unlikely to just write a letter to you asking for money regardless of what your company says if its a Penalty charge they would/should have sent a notice to owner if the company said your are the owner.