HSBC loan

thebeatseeker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have a loan running from 2006 with £9,051.32 outstanding.

I ran into financial difficulty just over 6 months ago and am paying all my creditors all i can afford which is the token £1 monthly payment.

Have received a letter from metropolitan collections stating that they have been instructed to recover the hsbc loan.

However the account number they have stated is incorrect.

The account number stated is for my HSBC current account, which is £1003 overdrawn and have been making the same £1 token payments to this account too.

I am looking for guidance in how to respond to this imposing factually incorrect correspondence? :undecided:

Thanks in advance.

matty

this is quite typical

they farm it out to see if they can sqeeze you more

just ignore them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with dx, I had HSBC credit card, and I couldnt pay it, this was a substantial amount, I tried to speak to them but they were not helpful.After I gotonto this site I sent a sar to HSBC to look at all my agreements etc. they never sent this to me so I put my accounts in dispute.

Despite this they got Metropolitan to harrass me, however, they got nowhere, I just ignored them. I have had several other companies that have been instructed by HSBC to chase me for this money, but none of them can actually enforce anything as my account is in dispute. 10/10 for trying though!