Family Fraud.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody, first time visiting this site and from what i have seen, its a god send!

Well anyway, here is my situation.

In July 2009, a mobile phone contract got taken out in my name.

That contract was for my sister, but i was aware of this contract when it got taken out.

This contract got defaulted in September 2010. That left a balance a bit shy of £400.

Then again in August 2009 another contract was taken out and also defaulted. This contract

was again for my sister, which she was paying off the other one so i was ok about it.

That contract left a Debt of £569.

She then took out a contract in my name without my knowing, which was in January 2010.

Yet again, she has failed to pay that one off aswell. At the moment there is a debt of £200 and racking up.

Overall a Debt of £1169..

Small amount but still a big hastle from debt collectors.

What i wanted to know was if anyone had advice on this.

Ive been in contact with creditexpert.co.uk and their advice was to submit a police report for Fraud but her being my sister is a hard thing for me to do.

Ive asked her about this and all she can say is i'll pay it. Getting money off her to pay it is like getting blood out of a stone!

Ive got them to send pay slips to her house which they have, but she denys them even turning up.

Also, is there a chance of the bailiffs coming to my house over this amount?

Or even a Court Order happening?

Is there anything i can do? Any help would be much apprecited.

Lee.

Edited by LArmstrong

Bailiffs only get involved when a CJJ has been obtained and the conditions of the CCJ have not been kept.

I think you have no choice but to report the fraud to protect your self ( it may also act a a deterrent to your sister.

As the fraud affects third parties ( the phone companies) you could be accused of not reporting the crime.

A very difficult situation and tjhe amount is not insignificant, the advice of a solicitor is needed I think.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: