Advice on capquest Statutory Demand for Bankruptcy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4707 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok. technically, it is 18 days from receipt (do you have the envelope, was it first class?). but to be safe, you should act in the next couple of days?

yes, proof of service would be required (as set out in the above link) if they want to proceed after 21 days where there is no set aside application and the demand is not settled.

imo

Edited by Ford
typo

I think to be safe you should dispute on more gorunds than just 'account number not known' they may try and hoodwink you by sending something to you and the court a week before the hearing. If they failed to provide an agreement then you should use that, faliure to provide any kind of assignment, default notice in the prescribed format, statements for the duration of the account, potentially missold PPI on the account, excessive charges etc.

Hi

As you haven't mentioned the DCA concerned, if it is Capquest, could you have a look at this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?306742-Capquest-and-Statutory-Demands

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

Can I direct you to this thread as it needs a bit of input

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?306742-Capquest-and-Statutory-Demands

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I would suggest that a complaint to the department of Justice re the use of SD's as an inappropriate means of debt

collection, so many DCA's have latched on to this idea it now needs to brought to the attention of the Government Department

concerned.

Also the attention of HM Court Service management should be made aware.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

All costs for time/loss of earnings etc.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi

Thanks for all the info and advice.

A date has come through for the setaside hearing.

Do i now send a letter to the court with a copy to the DCA detailing expenses that I would like to claim?

Thanks

interweb

P.S The alleged debt is just over £1k and I am about 100 miles from DCA offices. Is there any chance at all that they would attend the hearing, bearing in mind that my total debts make their alleged debt look like a drop in the ocean and i have no assets.

Edited by interweb

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I sent a schedule of costs to the court last week with a copy to the DCA.

Received a letter from the DCA, saying they are willing to not oppose the standaside as the proper place to discuss disputes is the County Court, (REALLY!) and wanting proof of my set aside expenses to date.

I rang them up and we came to some arrangement over costs they would pay me. I then wrote to the court stating that the hearing was not necessary any more and the DCA would also be writing to confirm.

So what happens now?? do they start all the games and harassment over again?

Thanks

If you haven't got that agreement in writing, you had better contact them again - in writing. I wouldn't believe anything that is said on the phone

The court will want a fee of about £40 to cancel the hearing, make sure that Capquest pay this. The court will also want a consent order signed by both parties.

I suggest that you phone the court on Monday to clarify this.

Martin g

I would still go to the court 'just in case', its a common ploy to say one thing on the phone and something else in a courtroom...

If they DO turn up at court have all your evidence up to date, if they DON'T turn up and the hearing is still listed COMPLAIN to the court manager about the abuse of process by the DCA.