HELP PLEASE. Court papers recieved from Arrow Global/Fairfax Solicitors - ***Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh no, this has caught me out, Can anyone help me with this? I have been really ill and have not had much time to deal. Only realized yesterday that it is this week!! Do I need to do anything else? I may have cocked this up with my complacency. Not sure I will even be well enough to attend...

If you dont attend you lose ...game over.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...
Weird, dont know what happened. Got a resheduled court date for 3rd July, but have received a letter through the post from Arrow Global saying they are discontinuing and stopped legal action..

check with the court to see they received discontinuance as well.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Weird, dont know what happened. Got a resheduled court date for 3rd July, but have received a letter through the post from Arrow Global saying they are discontinuing and stopped legal action..

Well done Tits you won!! I remember you were close to giving in at one point and paying up. Glad you didn't, this is precisely why it is always worth fighting no matter how hopeless you think it is.

Well done Tits you won!! I remember you were close to giving in at one point and paying up. Glad you didn't, this is precisely why it is always worth fighting no matter how hopeless you think it is.

Ha ha trying not to get too excited, this sort of thing doesn't just happen to me. The thing is, I did give up really as I did not go to court due to illness, so not sure what went on for them to even postpone the date. Will give the courts a ring and find out, now that I am compos mentis

If you could confirm when you receive the NoD Vin I will amend your title to reflect the result.

Looking very good though.:wink:

Well done

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Okay, lettter from J&P solicitors today regarding this:

"Dear Madam,

We have been instructed by our client 1st credt limited trading as connaught collections who is acting as an agent on behalf of their client CAI finance ltd and in particular in relation to a debt owed to them for the sum of £xxx.

Our client informs us that you have failed to respond to all reasonable requests to settle this outstanding debt and have failed to identify any reason why the debt is not due or owing.

In order to avoid legal procedings being issues against you and costs being incurred you should make a payment of this debt immediately.

You can also seek free independant advice and assistance from organisations as listed in the table attached to the back of this letter.

Your remiitance should be sent to connaught collections, The ominibus building, Lesbourne Road, Reigate RH2 7JP and should be payable to our client, connaught collections.

If you believe that there is a good reason for your failure to settle our clients account, please advise them immediatley upon receipt of this letter. If you do not respond to this letter it will be taken that you have no good reasonfor your failure to pay the account and that such sumis properly due and payable. We will refer to this letter on the question of costs shoulld proceedings subsequently be issued. Unless we hear from you in the next 7 days then we are instructed to issue court proceddings for the outstanding debt plus costs and interest"

What are they playing at???

What EXACTLY did the letter say?

"Dear Vera,

Debt owed to Arrow Global Guernsey Ltd ASSIGNED by Royal Bank of Scotland (ACCOUNT NUMBER xxxxxxxxxxxx)

We enclose notice of discontinuance a copy of which has been filed with the court.

The legal procedings are now at an end.

FOR ENQUIRIES PLEASE CALL 08001300167

(Opening hours are 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday to Friday)

Coorespondence address Belvedere, 12 Booth Street, Manchester M2 4AW.

Yours sincerly

Arrow Global"

They also enclose a notice of discontinuance to the court

Thread title amended.

Well done Vera

Regards

Andy

Okay, lettter from J&P solicitors today regarding this:

"Dear Madam,

We have been instructed by our client 1st credt limited trading as connaught collections who is acting as an agent on behalf of their client CAI finance ltd and in particular in relation to a debt owed to them for the sum of £xxx.

Our client informs us that you have failed to respond to all reasonable requests to settle this outstanding debt and have failed to identify any reason why the debt is not due or owing.

In order to avoid legal procedings being issues against you and costs being incurred you should make a payment of this debt immediately.

You can also seek free independant advice and assistance from organisations as listed in the table attached to the back of this letter.

Your remiitance should be sent to connaught collections, The ominibus building, Lesbourne Road, Reigate RH2 7JP and should be payable to our client, connaught collections.

If you believe that there is a good reason for your failure to settle our clients account, please advise them immediatley upon receipt of this letter. If you do not respond to this letter it will be taken that you have no good reasonfor your failure to pay the account and that such sumis properly due and payable. We will refer to this letter on the question of costs shoulld proceedings subsequently be issued. Unless we hear from you in the next 7 days then we are instructed to issue court proceddings for the outstanding debt plus costs and interest"

What are they playing at???

Thanks to you Andy! Although I am still in the dark as to what has happened... Any opinions on this new letter through from J&P is it just a last didtch attempt threatoagram? Why discontinue legal action and then threaten it again the following day?

I'm not an expert, but I agree it is very strange.

Perhaps I missed it somewhere, but how much were they actually claiming for.

Thanks to you Andy! Although I am still in the dark as to what has happened... Any opinions on this new letter through from J&P is it just a last didtch attempt threatoagram? Why discontinue legal action and then threaten it again the following day?

Its known as the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing...if the debt is now Arrows how can 1st Crud instruct anyone ?

Its known as the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing...if the debt is now Arrows how can 1st Crud instruct anyone ?

Hmm, it also becomes SB in August.. Shall i reply to J&P to advise that Arrow have discontinued?

No...unless the debt has been legally assigned to 1st Crud from Arrow Global ( which it cant have has its in the process of litigation) then 1st Crud cant instigate litigation and the above is purely a fishing exercise and they are unaware that it is already a matter of litigation.

Ignore but retain

The assignment effective from the 11th June ? What date is on the Notice of Discontinuance Vin?