Can a security guard......

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A friend of mine asked me to post this as she doesnt have internet access,

So the situation is this, an assistant manager from another store stole £26,000 form his cash office, since this has happened the company has raised their security.

On Friday the security guard and assistant manager went into the ladies locker room only ( not the males), they then proceeded to open each locker one at a time and then proceeded to search through the female staffs belongings, handbags, purses coat pockets etc. Throughout all of this none of the staff being searched where either informed or called in to witness this or sign anything stating they had consented to it.

What she and i would like to know is are they legally allowed to do this without the person being present.

I do understand that the lockers are the companies property and they may open and search them at will, however i understood that to mean they could remove your items from the locker but could not physically search in your bag.

I know from the searches that occur at the end of the shift if they wish to search inside your bag they are not physically allowed to put their hands in it they have to ask you to empty the bag for them.

Any help or advice would be great thankyou.

I don't expect that it is in direct breach of any law - but it is an invasion of privacy and it's a damn cheek as well.

I think that it would be difficult for one person to complain but if they all got together then some meaningful complaint could be made. Is there a union?

Which company is it?

go see them

its a minefield

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

please don't quote me but ime sure that if they suspect you or anyone of theft then they ask you to go to the locker room.

the locker is then opened in front of an independent witness (manager,security guard etc) with you watching

this is an invasion of privacy

say you had things like HIV drugs , medication etc

very personal things

i am security officer which has done several searches for major retailers and as you have said we are not allowed to actually going thru your bag etc we have to ask you to empty the contants etc also they have to have you present while searching a locker so it should be 1 x security , 1 x senior managment/supervisor and the peason who getting searched whether its lockers or personal search please not they are not allowed todo a strip search or touch u at anytime male or female . as it sounds you are female they have to have female security/female manager/supervisor to search yoiu personally but only with a wand as we call them basically metal detactor also if you want to annoy them ask to see the security officers sia license but this does not imply if there inhouse but if there from likes vsg,securitas,g4s,advance etc they must have valid sia license if not report them any question abt security etc i will answer as much as i know abt doorsteward/event steward retail etc

thanks for the replies it is as i thought, i've recently done the SIA approved security guard course and i was 98% certain i was right on this just want some reassurance.

ps im male.

sorry abt the mix up i cos u sayed they went into female lockers np also if going todo security i wouldnt do retail it too much hassle you cant pull up a theif if you didnt c them etc u could get done aswell whole load **** i currently in corporate building i get paid more then most guards in retail/distrubation site and i do nothing then watch dvds lol but good luck and welcome to the ****ty security business where sia will do fck all for u then take money