Income Assessment and Bursary

texanbar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi peeps,

I have been in touch with SLC since November last year advising them a significant drop of our income as my husband had to give up work and become a full-time carer for his mum.

Since January, I have been asking them to confirm the income I have submitted, as I know until it is, I will not receive my bursary from my University.

I was told to wait until until the end of the tax year (April 2010/2011) to send them evidence of income which was my husbands P45 and a copy of income from DWP for the Carers Allowance.

Now, they have sent me an email saying because the evidence was sent after the tax year, I have to complete a PR1 form, which they allegedly sent 27th April, 2011.

I still haven't received this form and chased them twice for it. I was told it is a computer generated form and they will send out another one. The ludicracy is they know the income but for some reason (which was told to me) need this form completing to declare the income. :-x

I'm getting very anxious because my Uni have advised me that until SLC confirm the income I will not receive my bursary and the deadline to send out bursaries is the 31st May!!

Is there anyone who can help me? Or does anyone know if I can complain to SLC to get this sorted.

Please help.

Many thanks

x:)x