please help DWP INT under caution

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you dear for the honest words I am in a right mess to be honest no idea what I will do... I think I need to think about this... I didnt kniw that money from a friend almost a sister is not allowed! It's not like an inheritance just a loan which will b paid back :( I willhave such a large overpament I think and am not going to get through this easily and will have trouble explaining this

:-x

Well you will get the support from here as long as all above bored info wise xx

See also with a loan how did they expect you to finally repay it, you will be asked this. Dont know if you are a judge judy fan, I am :), in cases where the recipient says I said when able I would repay it and then are not then able, judge judy I know america, but says no to the plaintiff in court case. If it is set down like would need to be for this, they to not consider it income would need proof. You might need to explain how you hoped to expect to repay such a large summ.

Best bet is to seek legal advice and speak to your friend, maybe she could go with you to the IUC as witness, would she be willing if solicitor has id that is the problem, but best see that solicitor to get told the facts they have and of course you are welcome to post here xx :)

Edited by watchinginvestigation2011

sure... they wont believe me! That's why I am now thinking of a way to make up a lie maybe say she owed me the money I had lent it to her years ago? They are leaving me with no option! I might even say it was not myself using the account and let a friend use it.. please help I am worried sick and am desperate

CAG will not help you to lie, and as others have pointed out, lying is not a good idea. For all the good it would do you, we'd be as well to hand you a spade and tell you to start digging. If they have evidence that there is a regular sum going into your account and you give them that sort of explanation, they will not accept it at face value - as you have seen by some responses here. If you are unable to substantiate your claim with evidence to the contrary of what they suggest, they will take the matter further which, given the sums and period of time involved may well result in prosecution proceedings.

As you will have seen, quite a few people have advised that the DWP are not likely to accept your explanation unless you have evidence. Add into the equation that on this forum, in a matter of a few postings the information you have provided has altered several times. If you are being honest here and are having difficulty in putting across the facts, you are never going to be able to put across a lie convincingly to the Fraud Investigation Service, who deal with this on a daily basis.

The questions on here may appear harsh, or nosey. But in the IUC, they will be harder. You will be asked how much, how often, what the terms of the loans are, what each loan has been for, why it wasn't paid in one lump sum - the list of questions they will ask is endless. If you lie about it, they will ask you questions which you will not have prepared the answers for, and you will trip yourself up. You also need to be aware that they may have far more information than your bank statements. They may already know where the money came from, and they don't already know this, they will be able to find out.

I can't say whether the information you have given us is true or not. Only you know that. If what you have told us is factual information (though I'm not sure which version, given the discrepancies), you shouldn't have an issue proving it. If your friend is generous enough to loan you this money over such a long period of time and so regularly with no idea of when she will be paid back, she wouldn't want to see you in any trouble. Surely she will sign a statement stating that each deposit is a loan and will be able to explain that the money came from her business accounts and will provide her business accounts to support this, as it would have to be declared where the money went. Everything is traceable and I cannot think of a single reason why such a good friend would not assist you with substantiating your case.

If on the other hand, the information you have told us is not factual, please feel free to start again so that we can give you factual information on what information they may have and possible outcomes.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)