please help DWP INT under caution

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4725 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I am unsure as to why I have been sent a letter for an interview under caution as they have not written the details of their aOWEVER I assume it's to do with lots of c into my account which I have not told them about! These cash ds ar and there are lots of them, which has clearly raised suspicions I am o. I am really worried as My frid these amounts in cash into my account and now have no idea o to if a to do

PLease reply asap as I have an interview th

Thanks

Edited by thinkpositivo
:-x

Hi just a quick question to the caggers on here I really would appreciate your answers... I borrowe money to a friend years ago, before claiming she has started paying back into my account however I have been on benefits for the past 4 years- will they consider this as an income????

Thanks

Please help me would DWP see a personal loan as '''' ALSO are you allowed to bomoney from family or friends without being penalised for not disclosing a change of circumnce (if this is classed as a change of circumstance in the first place)>

THANK YOU

Edited by thinkpositivo

If your friend is repaying a loan back to you, as long as it doesn't exceed the amount you are allowed to have in savings it shouldn't affect your claim. Which IIRC is;

under £6,000 in savings - no effect on benefit

£6,000 to £15,999.99 - benefit is reduced by £1 for every £250 in

savings above £6,000 (known as tariff income).

£16,000+ in savings - no benefit payable.

If this has changed hopefully someone will let us know.

I'm confused, you've posted several threads and I'm unsure whether you are saying the money has been lent to you, or is money you lent to someone being paid back.

Regular cash payments of undetermined or unprovable origin will be probably be treated as income NOT capital as others have suggested on the other threads - because they will probably believe you have been working cash in hand or have another source of income regardless of the reasons you give them unless you are able to prove it.

How many of the payments has there been?

They're not interested in loans, as they have to be paid back. When I had a compliance visit, I had printed out my loan account statement & she didn't even want to look at it, said she doesn't need to see that. I could have borrowed 50k for all she knew!

And I find it hard to believe anyone would pay cash into their bank if it was earnings, would DWP really think someone would do that?

Of course it depends how often you did it though, if it went on for months, obviously they would want details of what it was.

Threads merged. Please do not start multiple threads for the same issue.

Thinkpositivo, the reasons you have given for the deposits into your account appear to vary in the posts you have made. We cannot give you sound advice unless you give us the facts as they are and at the moment those facts are not particularly clear. If you give us information which is vague or inaccurate, the advice can only be based on that, meaning that the advice may also be inaccurate. Inaccurate advice won't help your case - in actual fact it could be potentially damaging.

If you can clarify the deposits, we can take it from there. For example: how much they are, what they are for, how often they have been going in and for how long this has been happening, how they were deposited.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Thank you and apologies it's just that I have had any sleep and am worried sick therefore have not been able to be clear enogh! I have a friend who runs her own businesss, I wanted to take out a loan but as I am unemployed they would turn me down so didnt want to affect my credit rating, so for the past couple of years she has been depositing money and transferring at times around 500 into my account and at times she would transfer £1000. Each month she would borrow me roughly £1000-£2000 as I was saving up for something personal- so she was going to get her money back as soon as I started some work which I intend to start looking in a couple of months! I was completely unaware that borrowing money or lending money was not allowed as it appears (hence interview under caution only thing I can think of!) I'm just worried sick they are going to think that this is some sort of paid money i.e cash in hand... no idea how to prove she was borrowing me money!

Quick question- would they not have checked the inland revenue system to see when I was last working in any case and surely that would prove I have not been working? And that this money is legitamate loan money?

Sorry, but I really don't think they'll accept that so many deposits were loans. The way they may well paint it is that you were working cash in hand for a friend and being paid on a regular basis - cash in hand workers often don't pay tax or NI.. If they do this they will give you an overpayment, which you will need to appeal and try to convince a tribunal of your case. They may also want to take further action if they consider it to be fraud. I suggest you get some legal advice about this now before the IUC if possible. Sorry not to be able to give better news. Though this is just my opinion - others may see it differently.

Well I dont doubt what you say your reasons were but look at this way It would appear very odd that if this indeed was a loan, that it was not a lump summ, you see a loan has to be agreed to be a loan or you person loaned the money could skidattle, not saying you would of course xx without repaying it and if your friend is business savvy she would surely have written an agreement that you would have a copy of.

Whilst claiming benefits you have to open to scrutiny if your finances are in dispute, if you cannot prove they were regualr payments as it went of for two years, you might be accused of something you have not done.

As long as you genuinley have done no wrong, then just tell it as it is, but if there is any hint of wrong doing, they will get the evidence, if they have not already done so.

I suggest you get a solicitor who will have the right to see the information held, prior to IUC, you see you cant get it, but he/she can and you can decide where to go on that xx

I have assumed from mix of posts that it is she who loaned you the money, but if it is visa versa then again you would need a loan agreement possibley or proof that this is not a regular payment as would count as income as far as dwp are concerned, or if you have over 6,000 and have not decalred it that is another no no, if she owes you the money you need proof, also that you stated you will not tell them if was going on for two years, that is a no no, any hint of you net giving full disclosure will go against you as they will have the statements already, best wishes and post if you need others to advise further.

A person has to just be honest and hope that honesty is picked up on, any hint of embelishment or not two years will make them doubt your word.

Edited by watchinginvestigation2011

telling lies will not help you - you will tie yourself up in knots as you are already doing in these threads !

Whatever you say, they will not just accept at face value. It is likely that if you say that someone has been lending you upwards of £500 every month for 2 years for you to save up 'for something personal' then they will think that it is a pile of cack and they will go to your friend to ask their point of view. Will this person lie for you ? How good a friend are they? Depending on the amount of money involved you have to consider whether or not this person will go to court and lie for you on oath..

I think you need to start getting your story right and perhaps think about telling the truth

so if I understand correctly, your friend has been paying money from her busoness account on a fairl regular basis to the suim of £500 to £100 a month for the last 2 years, this is between £12k and £24k paid to you. You have borrowed this money for something personal. Where have you saved this money? They will have access and I woyuld imagine that you are going to hasve hard time explaining this unless you can get proof and you would need something in writing to show the original agreement.

Also you have a very understanding and generous friend!

On the surface of things it's looking like a couple of possibilities, you have been paid for work done or it's a tax fiddle. Either way not good. Not really sure how you can get it across to them that it was a loan, as it's quite an unusual set up in that case?

The only saving grace is the fact that you have had this money paid in, as cash I assume, when if you were really on the fiddle most sane people would squirrel the cash away under the matress? I guess benefit fraud tends to be knowingly claiming what you shouldn't be. Paying cash in indicates that's not the case?

Also have to consider for instance in working cash in hand cases they will have all likely used camera to record prior to instigating IUC, not saying this is you, just it is unsure from the posts what they true circumstances are.

If looking at if from another angle, if you have been for whatever reason given a summ of money a month and not decalred it, I mean have you speant part of it or saved it all up, it will either be consdiered income or undisclosed savings. I myself nearly pooped myself when csa started paying me loads a month, to the extent rang dwp many times, recordign the calls for reassurance as could not understand how this money was suddenly mine as on benefits. The staff member at the time made an error as so many changes were comming in and told me as noticed how many times called, to go and enjoy the money. Now csa money is officailly now to be kept be resident parent for the children and okay I know that but at the time the rep made an error. First I knew was letter saying I was getting money not entitled to etc....and again me being me pooped myself basically, but was able to ring and refer to the recordings and it was soon resolved, in fact they were lovely.

Now I knew being on benefits the minimum ammount necessary for you to live on to ring due to 500.00 a month suddenly appearing with no letter, not normal. I think anyone on beneftis has to protect themselves and be careful as so many errors do happen as dwp has humans in it to, that we have to prepare so whiter than white as they say. I cannot see how you can jsutify such a regualr ammount without not realising it would affect your benefit, you see the leaflets we get regular are clear.

Maybe you overlooked it, but in any case there are dishonest claimants out there so the dwp have to get as much evidence in advance adn probably have done. if there is any hint of dishonesty or matter of not disclosing, or working even, do not lie as one lie will put uncertainty on anything you say and will be used in court as proof of possible dishonesty.

Many fraud cases appear here asking for advise and it is alway given to be honest, no one here is going to give advice how to circumvent dwp as in you feel need to lie or hide it.

You need to take friendly intended advise look in the mirror and if you are happy with what stated so far, go ahead and tell them that, but if you look at yourself and see a desperate albeit web of lies be a friend to yourself and say nope stop and be honest, you will sleep better xx

Just friendly well intentioned advice :) In the end though it is up to you what you do xx