Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Thread moved to the General Legal forum.   HB
    • Will do thank you!    ive been told on phone the following :  UC Mac award 2424.15, they only deduct 831.78 and 291.42 for carers they then add my partners earnings on 1612 and the carers allowance of 67 a week,    ive asked for a full official breakdown 
    • OK.  So you lent your car to a friend in 2019 and he racked up three parking tickets that he tells you he didn't know anything about(!).  You were the registered keeper (RK) at the time at your family address, but you got chucked out and could not change your RK address with DVLA because you were homeless.  You knew nothing about the parking tickets and enforcement action until you got a bailiffs' letter passed on to you.  You made an Out of Time (OOT) application in respect of one PCN but Birmingham CC objected to it and the traffic court rejected your application.  A solicitor helped you make OOTs in respect of the other two PCNs but you don't yet know the outcome of those two applications.   Is that the situation you are in?   dx100uk thinks you can resubmit the application saying your friend was the driver.  I don't think saying that will help as the driver is irrelevant.  It's the owner who is liable to pay the charge and that is the RK (unless the RK is a car hire firm).  I assume you are not a car hire firm so you are stuck with the liability, not the driver.   Whether you actually can resubmit an OOT once one has been rejected I do not know, but why not try.  What did the solicitor put on the applications they helped you with?  Did you not ask their advice about the rejected application while you were with them?  I think you would have to say something to the effect that you never received any paperwork in relation to the PCNs because you had been chucked out of your home and because you were homeless you did not update your address at DVLA.  That is the truth isn't it?  You don't want to lie on the application.   To me that's a good reason for you not doing anything about the PCNs, but I suspect that Birmingham CC will object again and that the traffic court will reject again.  And, as I said above, I don't even know if you can submit a second OOT application in respect of a PCN if the first has been rejected.   So it looks to me like you might be a bit stuck.   Unless dx100uk, or spaceman61, or another poster with expertise in local authority PCNs comes along I'm not sure what you do.   If you get no more helpful suggestions here you could try on National Consumer Service.  If you do go there, do not register with a hotmail address.  You will also need to provide them with a timeline of everything for all the documents you actually have, and you will need all the facts and dates etc at your fingertips.  And make sure they are accurate.   http://forums.National Consumer Service.com/index.php?showforum=30   And get your friend to contribute to paying off the PCNs.  Do you believe he really knew nothing about them?
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3498 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi all, would appreciate a bit of help on this matter...


Basically I'm a bar tender in Newcastle and was in work for food on my day off and the owner asked if he could speak to me.


He said that I had not clocked out 3 times in 2weeks and that he was going to involve the police as it was serious gross misconduct. I normally work 8.30am-4.30pm and usually stay for a drink after work, I can recall one of the 3 occasions and I made the receptionist aware of this. When he mentioned it to me I remembered a second time but explained that it was a complete accident, which it was.


He also said that he has a witness that said I have been staying clocked in after I finish on purpose to get more hours, I do not recall saying this.


He gave me 2 options either resign with immediate effect or contest the allegations but said I would lose as I am on camera in the bar drinking, he said if I lost I would be taken to court and receive a criminal record.


In this meeting he had a HR rep, no notes where taken, I had no representative and felt so overwhelmed at the time I resigned.


I am on a zero hour a week contract so they do not have to give me any hours before I go although what action can I take? I feel I have got the short straw.


In total the amount that I gained from staying clocked in was £36, I offered to pay it back and more but was told that was not the issue.


Any help at all would be appreciated, thanks. Peter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to have been working there for 12 months to have acquired any employment rights.

Does this apply?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I Joined the company in March 2010 but I left for 3 months over the summer and came back in September, I then moved to another bar in Feb although it is still owned by the same company.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...