help!!!! lowel/hamptonl stat demand - **Resolved out of Court**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Served tonight by hand so I assume is genuine rather than one of those threst o gram type SD's.

Please help.

Details are they have rolled up 3 different debts that were with 3 different companies. All 3 were in dispute via CCA's through here and we hadn't heard anything on these for a while (should have known they would try something now before things start dropping off the credit file).

One is an incorrect amount (the correct amount would be under £750-the incorrect amount is over £800-I have written confirmation what they quote is wrong from the original lender). The other 2 as individual amounts are under £750 as well, but obviously the total is above the £750.

I am trying not to stress about this but we went through so much hassle a few years ago and we were getting sorted now. No overdraft, new credit cards all up to date to build our credit rating, all loans cleared, student loans paid off no arrears anywhere and the old defaults were about to drop off then this argggh.

:-x

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry, take a deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath, try and chill. Rotten thing to happen at this time in the evening I expect you were totally gobsmacked when the waster turned up.:shock:

Look at a few threads whilst you await the serious knowledable helpers.

Evening guests! I thought you had another 15 minutes before you clocked off in Leeds?

Not my thing, but What are the PoC, have you kept evidence of requesting CCA's and their failure to supply them?

When you say these were about to drop off your CRF how close was it?

Sounds extremely dubious that they would attempt this for debts nearing their 6 year limit?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Will flag this up for site team .

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Are the debts from 3 different companies originally ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

We need us much information as possible in respect of what they claim on the demand. It has been known for these to be incorrectly produced.

BCOBS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

if i am reading this correctly they have put three different debts together in order to go over the magic 750 mark in order to issue the stat demand...this is an abuse of process and you must apply to have this set aside with costs.....they should have put each one in seperately which is obviously not what they have done...the first thing you need to do is to ring the muppet who has signed the stat demand....demand to speak only to them and them alone...do not speak to any of their threat monkeys...insist...if you get through ask them why they have issued demand on a debt that is below the amount required by law and inform them you intend to set aside

Ok further info all 3 were different credit cards. All with different lenders-not linked lenders. I had written to these along side the CCA requests and asked for refunds on charges. All have had some charges refunded and in the case of one we issued court papers which was settled and then we foolishly ran up debt again (only wish I had a time machine to go back and kick Oh and I up the bum bloody cards). All 3 eventually produced what they claim is a credit agreement but all 3 are applications forms and do not have the correct format/information. Therefore I we reckoned the DCA's would keep giving up as previous ones have.

having got out the documents-bizarrely i had been sorting some papers today and looking at these very files I have pretty much everything from our correspondance.

To be honest although I hate to pay these leaches anything oh and i are getting into a good position now and can't afford to risk bankcruptcy so are tempted to make a full and final just to get rid of it, but I suppose thats what they bank on.

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

Can we apply for a set aside without appearing in court as this is in oh's name and he can't get to court at the mo (he is a contractor to really difficult to take time off).

ali x

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

Evening guests! I thought you had another 15 minutes before you clocked off in Leeds?

Not my thing, but What are the PoC, have you kept evidence of requesting CCA's and their failure to supply them?

When you say these were about to drop off your CRF how close was it?

Sounds extremely dubious that they would attempt this for debts nearing their 6 year limit?

Re the 6 year limit they weren't as close as I thought the defaults were late 2006 early 2007, but for us being a clear file in 2 years seems soon lol.

Presumably if we decide we can't face the set aside route and end up offering a F&F the SD is voided?

Also worry if we settle the other couple of defaults we have in dispute will come back to haunt us.

To be honest its been a tough couple of years will health issues and the birth of our 4th child. We were getting sorted then late 2010 oh lost his job. Finally back in work and proud not to have got into debt whilst out of work then this.

Oh wants it just to go away so reckon i would have to talk him around to take it to court, he wouldn't want to take the risk.

So stressed.

ali x

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

Presumably if we decide we can't face the set asidelink3.gif route and end up offering a F&F the SD is voided?

No, Set aside is the only way to go, if you don't they will mug you off and you'll never be rid of them.

You already have a bullet proof defence, they have combined three separate debts together in order to take this to court, once you submit a defence and the DJ reads what they have done, then I strongly doubt you'll hear from the Leeds losers again!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

i agree with BB hit the bu**ers where it hurts in their pockets...this is an abuse of process end of.....you can roll over and pay an f and f if you want but unless you get cast iron guarantees they wont sell on the balance which they have been known to do..i wouldnt consider it...and if they think you are in a position to pay you will never get rid of em...

i agree with BB hit the bu**ers where it hurts in their pockets...this is an abuse of process end of.....you can roll over and pay an f and f if you want but unless you get cast iron guarantees they wont sell on the balance which they have been known to do..i wouldnt consider it...and if they think you are in a position to pay you will never get rid of em...

Agree - the only way to get rid of these people is to deal very firmly with them, they see anything else as a sign of weakness.

David

Problem is there in OH's name not mine and he is not as up to date on the court action etc. He is up for finding out what the set aside entails now and looking into it, rather than just rolling over.

So what form do I need, and do I have to go up to court to get them? To be honest the main problem is I am home with 4 kids (2 under 3) and he is working so getting to and from court is a challenge (we don't have a court that near as we live semi rural on the edge of a small town.

Had a good luck at the papers last night and it appears I was wrong, it was another card I had where the figure was rivised from the 800 and something to 700 and something. So one of the cards listed IS over £750, although the other 2 aren't.

Regarding F & F are you saying they would refuse outright or that we need to ensure that we get written assurances as to no further collection action (as per cab/cccs guidence). To be honest Oh was out of work for 6 months and his current contract ends in 3 wks and as yet he is still looking for another job so no way could they consider we can cover the whole amount.

A family member can give us/long term indefinate loan us a much reduced figure and this is all we could offer.

ali x

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

thanks for that, will have a read.

ali x

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

So where do I get the forms from to set aside? Can I print them online, or do I need to contact the court?

If I gather up all the info Oh may well be prepared to go for it.

The thing that worries him most is if we do all this and get to court then lose. Can we be made bankcrupt straight away. We have 4 young children and can't face that.

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

I'm in a similar position, and have the set aside hearing this afternoon so I'll let you know how it goes. I have a thread about it but don't think I'm able to post links yet, but you can find it in my post history. It includes links to the forms to apply for a set aside, and there is also a thread somewhere with step by step instructions on how to fill them in.

Found what I think are the correct forms on the insolvancy service website.

I assume my main arguement is that they and the Olender and previous DCA's have failed to produce an enforcable agreement and that 2 of these alledged debts are below the 750 threshold so its an abuse of process on both counts?

Ali x

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS