BankFodder BankFodder

AllanLyn

Bank of Scotland (Halifax) off ex*gratia payment

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3254 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Made a PPI claim ...letter from offering to make a ex-gratia payment (amount not stated) to the third party who bought my original debt from them. Want me to sign a document " I understand that you will use part or all of the refund to repay any of the debt that was sold to the 3rd party debt sale company"

I need to write back to them : how much is this payment? and i would prefer they returned the money to me as it was miss sold in the first place therefore it is not their money to be making a decision about how it is spent. Am I correct in this and could anyone help me with a letter please. thanks Mrs AllanLyn

Edited by AllanLyn
spelling correction

Yes, I think that is entirely reasonable.

If they have sold the debt on then it is certainly no business of theirs.

Tell them in no uncertain terms. Also, you want to know what is the payment and how much are they adding in interest