• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Wage Day Advance, Help needed! **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well cccs say i am in the right for standing my ground to not give them bank statements (not even my bank account anyways) so sending a strongly worded polite email to them right now informing them of my refusal :D feeling better now well a little bit lol thanks guys xx

copy of the email im sending them:

Dear Lewis,

I have just this minute gotten off the phone with the CCCS, they have informed me that I am right to not provide you with bank statements. Therefore I will not be providing you with anything other then basic income and expenditure.

If you so wish to carry on processing the account then please do so. I will not be paying any more then I owe. I will continue to make token payments and should anything in my personal circumstances change then your company, along with the other creditors, shall be informed in due course.

In the mean time, £1 token payments will be continued to paid.

Any more requests for this personal information shall be ignored, and passed on to Office of Fair Trading and also Trading Standards as an official complaint.

Regards

Caroline

Please feel free to let me know if I should add anything in or take anything out

Sounds good concise and hits the nail on the head!!!!:lol:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

nope still didnt learn... oh well I am standing my ground on this one... and I am still refusing to budge with giving them the bank statements :-D

hes throwing all his toys out of his pram now :lol: and I have told him if he so wishes he can stick the account back into processing at his own companies expense as I will not be paying any more then the £376.50 that I know I owe, and until I can afford more I will only be paying the £1 per month. copy of the email for you all to enjoy is under here ;)

I have already proved I can not afford to increase my monthly payment. I have actually provided more then sufficient evidence to support the fact I can not afford any more, in fact as the debt is in my name only I didn't even need to provide house hold income. Bank statements are private and confidential information and therefore are covered under the data protection act and I am fully within my legal rights to not provide this information.

But like you said as you are refusing my reasonable offer I shall still be making token payments of £1 per calendar month and you can put this account back into processing at your own cost. I will not be paying a penny more then the £376.50 that I know I owe.

Regards

I know a little harsh but after 17 emails off these clowns over 4 days up until now and currently on the 2nd person I think you will all agree its a bit justified lol

xx

Keep at it they have no rights or authority do do this, and it is unfair under guidance.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

seems as Lewis finally got the message... as from my last email I have had no reply... (I bet I have jinxed it now lol) only thing I have had since was a text message to my phone asking to ring them which I haven't and have no intention of doing Caroline 1 WDA 0 whoo lol thanks for your help guys xx

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would update as this matter finally got resolved on the 8th of June! I had enough of their rubbish and emailed complaints who then tried telling me the exact same thing. Until i sent them this email :

Richard,

I appreciate that it is regular that you hear people on a daily basis claiming that they can not afford higher repayments, but trust me if I could pay more I would. I am simply refusing to provide documents that are legally unnecessary. I have provided more then substantial evidence in my income and expenditure form to support what I am telling you and your colleagues.

I will not be able to make payments higher then £1 per month as my budget will not allow it. Unless you would like a 7 year old child starving to death because I have no money to feed him on your conscience.

I have to make payments to priority debts like rent and council tax, and currently do not need the extra stress of having numerous creditors on my case. As you will see on the list of creditors I originally supplied I have had phone calls from Simply Be today harassing me to pay them £139 which they were told exactly the same thing!

I don't care if only one months interest has been applied or 12 months interest has been applied to the account. I would expect to have the amounts applied if the repayment plan was ceased because of an action of my own doing i.e. cancelling a standing order without informing your company, or such like. Not because you have decided I will not supply documents that you want me to supply which I have no legal obligation to supply to you. Even if this matter was to go to the County Court, You would get the same response, the court would be the only people to see the bank statements and they would still set the payment of £1 per month. Either that or not even entertain you in court as I am making payments to the account.

Excuse me if I sound rude, as I simply do not mean to. But running a house hold on not even £800 per month aswell as trying to get to and from places of work and taking my step son to school, it is not easy!

I am on the tip of being made to go on to sick leave because of the stress this is causing me.

Regards

to which I received this email:

Dear Miss xx

Thank you for your reply. I have spoken with the collections manager and she has accepted £1.00 for a further six months subject to review.

Kind regards

I think I won... lol

Edited by cerberusalert

Congratulations on the letter, it got your point across without being abusive and intimidating. They don't like it when you can stick to your point and point out the law in such a clear, concise way as you have done.

Keep us informed if they mess around anymore.

• 6 months later...

Hello all,

6 months later and sure enough I am back to square one. only this time they have passed the debt on. apparently they had been emailing me for the review etc etc. only knew about this when they rang me. told them on the phone they should email me as i will not discuss the account over the phone. the woman didnt like it but i wouldnt have anything to say to her, i wanted it in writing. she accused me of ignoring emails and i told her i had no emails from them and gave them another one to contact me with. still heard nothing from them until i got an email (to my old address) from the debt company they had pased it on to... told them in a polite way that i would not be paying any money to them, i did not acknowledge any debt to them but acknowledged i owed WDA xx amount... also told them that i had no communication from WDA so i would continue to pay them the agreed £1 per month. i got an email back asking what my reference number was, and i emailed back telling them they would find the original email they sent to me at the bottom of the page and have a look (i literally hit reply with eveything still written there origionally) no reply since, and this was from the beginning of january. nice start to 2012 :-(