Relegation to Cardcash account, any experiences?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just as a side issue, I've noticed in a couple of other postings mention of the Halifax Cardcash account and current account holders being relegated down to this from a normal current account. The usual reason being continually going over an overdraft limit. Generally, in a Cardcash account no overdraft is allowed thus pretty well guaranteeing that the account holder will go overdrawn and incur charges.

Twice now our account has been relegated down to Cardcash level, giving us the dreaded Visa Electron card ('nothing says more about you than your Visa Electron card' - to misquote an old ad) and in both cases our bank charges have increased dramatically. Is this just another cynical way for the Halifax to generate revenue, by exploiting those they deem more vulnerable?

Has anyone any experience of trying to fight and reverse the relegation to Cardcash?

(if this posting is in the wrong forum, someone let me know and I'll post it correctly:o )