t mobile contract cancellation issue !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI all,

I wonder if you kind people can offer some help here as T-Mobile are playing hard ball as usual.

I added an additional line to my contract two months ago, the line was a blackberry bold which I was given 3 months FREE internet with as I was a loyal customer.

I got my first bill, and lo and behold I had been billed for the internet with NO credit on the bill. I called up and was assured this was an oversight, a credit was applied.

Now today, I get a txt telling me my bill is due and was £81 ! £12 more than it should be !!

So I check online and yep you guessed it, I have been charged this time though for -

Internet Booster for 18/4/11 to 6/5/11  £2.69   Internet Booster  £4.25   Loyalty discount from your monthly line rental - £4.17

and also

Mobile data   901 kB 389 B outside of allowance  £5.62

Totalling £12.67 - £4.17 = £8.50

Now this is an ongoing issue, 2nd month in a row they have tried to charge me for something that 1) should have been free from the start; 2) t mobile was made aware off last month.

What I see wrong with the above charges is that they have charged me for internet booster, and then charged me for the data as well !!! which in any case should be FREE !

Now, I believe this to be grounds to cancel the additional line on the basis of -

1) miss sold ?

2) breach of contract - services offered at pos not provided

Can anyone advise as t-mobile are refusing and want £600 early termination charges :mad2:

Thanks in advance all :)

I've always found t-mobile to be fairly good. They usually put things write ... they have so far for me.

However I guess it depends who you get on the phone ... did you buy in-store, on-line or over the phone?

Does your paperwork show exactly what you should get?

T-mobile do a booster which gives you a data allowance if you go over you're then charged or they offer unlimited data usage

now it depends what they put on your account and what the offer was....

It sounds to me like you were expecting unlimited data for 3 months and they only applied a data booster / data allowance.

My Son got a paygo phone on t-mobile and they forgot to activate the 6 months unlimited internet booster ... they refunded all his top ups (in phone credit) then activated the booster... that was in store.

Citi Cards - £800 - N1 Form logged at court

Defence entered

£279 refuned £521 outstanding on claim

Hearing 15th Nov 2006

Hearing 18th Jan 2007

Defence Stuck out - £549

March 07 Bailiffs called in to collect

20/4 Cheque for £549 - I WIN

Abbey - Setteled in full 9th Nov 2006 £3,300

Abbey - Data Protetion Act informtion

ICO complaint logged

Abbey - N1 Logged - 12/02/2007 £933

FOS Complaint logged 07/03/2007

£180 refunued -Good will Gesture 01/04/2007

Hearing 15th June 2007

Capital One Refunded £50

Egg - Data Protection Act request

Returned charges £80

I've always found t-mobile to be fairly good. They usually but things write ... they have so far for me.

However it guess it depends who you get on the phone ... did you buy in-store, on-line or over the phone?

Does your paperwork show exactly what you should get?

T-mobile do a booster which gives you a data allowance if you go over you're then charged or they offer unlimited data usage

now it depends what they put on your account and what the offer was....

It sounds to me like you were expecting unlimited data for 3 months and they only applied a data booster / data allowance.

My Son got a paygo phone on t-mobile and they forgot to activate the 6 months unlimited internet booster ... they refunded all his top ups (in phone credit) then activated the booster... that was in store.

Thanks for the reply.

Was sold over the phone as an additional line. I was told three months FREE internet, which to me is completely free.... not a booster. I even asked about the data cap at .5gig as opposed to the old cap of 3gig and was told that this does not matter within the three months free.

They have offered to put it right, but I should not and do not see why I should have to call every month to get them to credit the account. :( Id rather just have the extra line cancelled.

Personally, I'd say (in writing) that they need to "guarantee" that you will not be charged again, and if they do, as a consequence they'll agree to terminate the contract with no fee's for yourself

Also, tell them that if this is not possible, to give you a "DEADLOCK" letter so you can escalate your complaint higher.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I'd ring them up again and follow it up in writing

You be very luck if you get out of the contract because of a billing issue.

I had a problem with three mobile on billing they refused to cancel I took it to the ombudsman they also refused to cancel it without charges.

They just had to correct the billing errors....

Citi Cards - £800 - N1 Form logged at court

Defence entered

£279 refuned £521 outstanding on claim

Hearing 15th Nov 2006

Hearing 18th Jan 2007

Defence Stuck out - £549

March 07 Bailiffs called in to collect

20/4 Cheque for £549 - I WIN

Abbey - Setteled in full 9th Nov 2006 £3,300

Abbey - Data Protetion Act informtion

ICO complaint logged

Abbey - N1 Logged - 12/02/2007 £933

FOS Complaint logged 07/03/2007

£180 refunued -Good will Gesture 01/04/2007

Hearing 15th June 2007

Capital One Refunded £50

Egg - Data Protection Act request

Returned charges £80

Yeah, I agree. that's why I'd want a promise in writing.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Re-reading, are you sure one is not the "blackberry email booster"?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar