Accident, i'm uninsured, not my fault

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3658 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

last week I was involved in an accident. I was going straight in the roundabout on my motorcycle and a some blokes car came from the left and knocked me down. Next day I called my insurance to notify them about the crash and was unpleasantly surprised that my insurance does not cover EU countries with traffic on the left side. My bike was temporary imported from other EU country and was driven in UK for couple of weeks.

I was never involved in an accident before (I was even never been stopped by the police before) so don't know what my next steps should be.

Can I hope to get a claim for my totalled motorcycle?

Or fault driver's insurance can refuse to do so because I was uninsured?

Can I be blamed for an accident?

I hope that police wont even notice that my insurance was invalid. Because paperwork looks fine and if they want to verify it they need to call abroad to my insurance company and I think that could be a little bit tricky. So will they bother to do so knowing that it was not my fault?

It's almost a week I can't sleep properly so any help is appreciated!

You need to explain it to the insurance company and in some cases they will allow third party only

Similar happened to my mate and because he was not a fault they allowed third party only and supplied a letter stating though the insurance was not in order they would have covered him third party only

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

As said above, insurer should still cover third party.In this case you do not need to deal with your insurer at all and claim direct from the fault drivers insurance.