Jump to content

Santander broke agreement - help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Basically, I had an account with A&L before they became Santander. I wasn't using it as a current account, so left it to sit but stupidly forgot about the under-funding charges.


I heard nothing until they became Santander, when I had a letter demanding over £300 - all fees that had been added to the account. They started calling, so I set up a payment plan with them. £100 a month.


I paid the first £200 off then got a statement randomly sent to me. In that 2 month period, they'd charged me £200 in charges. So I'd basically paid nothing.


I tried calling them but was told there was no record of a payment plan. Then the letters started, saying I'd broken an agreement, they want £450 or they're taking me to court. I got 4 of these letters in one day, along with a default notice.


Whenever I try to speak to them, they put me on hold then cut me off. I don't know what to do, as I can't afford to pay them - I ALREADY GAVE THEM £200 FOR NOTHING!! And the fact that every penny is charges.


How do I stop them from threatening me and sort this out? Please help!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi sarah


Welcome to CAG


The guys will advise as soon as they are available.


It sounds like the account was under funded and that a debit balance of several pounds has resulted in all these charges. After the Supreme Court Judgement

it's not possible to claim them back, unless your suffering 'Hardship'. Do you know the amount that the account was overdrawn by?

Don't speak to customer service over the phone, it is pointless. Send letters Recorded. You should write to them and explain

your circumstances and request a Refund of all charges, explain that you will take the matter to the FOS. There cases on going in Scotland that might

open the door which the Supreme Court closed to an extent.




If you want information on your account, send them a SAR Request with £10, they will send you all the data they have on the account.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...