Joining the Fight against Barclays

Fafnir
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Posted a thread on the welcome section but thought I'd say hello in the Barclays section too.

After many letters phone calls etc I made a claim via money claim. Barclays (Actually Woolwich) entered a defence at the very last minute.

I am not looking at all the court forms and drawing breath for the next next stage.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks for all the help so far!

It's ALWAYS last minute with Barclays.

I'm sure they don't care about any individual claim as such. Even with all the court fees and interest you could possibly add, each individual claim is just chicken feed to them - remember they count their yearly profits in billions!

Their ONLY defence seems to be to make the process as awkward as possible, otherwise everyone affected by their unlawful charges would claim then back. That would cost them millions if not billions. Now THAT would worry them!!

For now you're on track. Just take it one step at a time.

Good luck.

Victimnomore

By day, quiet unassuming bank customer - but, by night, .. .. .. .. ..

Barclays Case1

14/03/07 **WON** FULL settlement £3358.39

Barclays Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £187.91 back.

Halifax Case1

14/03/07 **WON** Refunded £728 (including £54 costs)

Halifax Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £268.24 back.

• 2 months later...

Hello there

I am in the middle of a very lengthy process with The Woolwich, so in other words Barclays, re my bank charges. I have got as far as putting in a claim to the court. I received my court date (3rd January) and was told to serve and file a particularised claim to the court and defendant by 30th October, which I did.

The defendant had then 2 weeks to file and serve a reply.

Neither myself nor the court have heard a word! As it is past the 2week deadline my file has apparently been sent to the judge and I was awaiting news. I called the court again today to check on progress and they told me the file is with the judge and if I want it noted that the defendant has not replied and I want to say what I want to happen next (i.e. that I can ask for Judgement)I should put that in writing.

Is this the case? The first person I spoke to made me think I would hear from the court on the judges decision this week, however the second person today said, although I don't have to, it might be an idea to write.

What should I do? Will the judge automatically get the bank to pay as they have not served and filed their reply or....?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

IMHO Write to the Court and ask for Judgement by Default.

Spotty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Statement request 4th May

Prelim Letter sent 24th May

LBA 7th June

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 22 June

MCOL 22nd June

Claim acknowledged 26 June

AQ sent 2nd August

17 Nov Court Date Set for 29 Jan 2007

Settled in full 12/12/06

Sorry - I've just realised that I should be adding to my original thread! Huge apologise - I've now put "interesting position" in twice because I couldn't find it. Sorry - will now stick to putting everything in here.

Sorry again!

Hi again

Thanks to all who have replied to me. I realise you may not know what progress I have made so I thought I should let you know what is happening from the beginning.

Basically I followed instructions on this site step by step, writing to the Woolwich which was then forwarded to Barclays. They gave me £210 back as a goodwill gesture, I thanked them and said I would continue the process to retrieve the rest(£1566.92). A little later they offered me another £600 which I declined or would accept as a part payment. They refused to give me it as a part payment and said they could offer no more!

I entered my claim on Money claim 03/08/06. On the 28th day at 16:00 Barcalys entered a defence.

On recieving the court application (which took some time to come through)I sent this off (along with another £100)

Court date set as 3rd Jan and with it a list of things to do by certain dates.

I filed and served my particulars of claim by 30th October as requested.

Barclays had 14days in which to reply. To date they have not replied!

That is where I am and I am about to send a request to Judgement by default to the court.....is this the correct action? I am told my file is with the judge.

Thanks