style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can somebody confirm what happens if iam ill while on JSA i understan i am allowed a period of 14 days sickness (without a Dr's note) after telling the jobcentre they should send form JSA28 which i complete when i am better, any payments due are then held back until they receive the completed form

are these details correct? or can someone elaborate on them

Thanks

Just about sorry been a while since I was on JSA.

The important bit is that you have to notify them of illness within 5 days of your last normal signing date.

After 5 days from signing date they will automatically close your claim if you haven't been in contact.

Any period longer than 14 days then you'll have to apply for ESA. You will lose at least 3 days payment in the move from JSA to ESA as the 1st 3 days of ESA are non payable.

You only get so many illness days and 2 periods of sickness a year so use wisely. Remember you can still fulfil your JSAg conditions in looking for work whilst ill so my advice is only include the days you can not physically make it to the job centre to sign on and nothing more.

As speedfreak posted make sure that the period of illness is 14 calenders days or less and any payment will be held until the form is returned to the JCP and actioned there before being forwarded to the Benefits Centre to action and release payment. Personally I wouldn't suggest waiting to your next signing/appointment to return the form if it is possible take in in person.