Secretly filmed baillif officer - shocking behaviour

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4716 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I owe council tax totalling 600 pounds,

two seperate 300 arrears for different financial years.

In March I had arranged with the council, after providing all my income and expenditure, a payment plan,

the person I dealt with at the council tax building then sent an email infront of me eyes to Bristow & Sutor,

stating that I was to pay 35 pounds a month.

He then told me that Bristow & Sutor will contact me and arrange how to pay.

A baillif from Bristow & Sutor then came round a few days later and said he had no knowledge of any email from the council,

he had a proposal for a payment plan of something like 40 pounds a week - something I can't afford.

I contacted the council and they confirmed they had sent the email but that I should still be paying them 35 pounds a month,

regardless of if they contact me or not.

I contacted Bristow and Sutor via email, again stating that a payment plan had been set up,

they replied again stating they've received nothing from the council,

I then forwarded this email from Bristow & Sutor to the council,

with my reference number and everything asking them to finally confirm with Bristow & Sutor that a payment plan had been set up, so that I can start paying.

This was about a week ago.

Today, I got a phone call from a very angry woman from Bristow & Sutor demanding to come in,

I said I was about to leave and that I was sorting this out with the council,

she then said that she was outside in her car having driven "all the way from Birmingham",

I stated again that she can't come in but I'll come out and see her but before I'd finished she hung up on me.

I then went outside and found her, she said to me that if she doesn't come in and do an inventory check,

she'll inform the council and place an arrest warrant on me.

This shook me obviously so my girlfriend and I reluctantly let her in, after confirming (unwittingly on camera)

that she will set up a payment plan and that she wasn't going to take anything, just note what we have.

Once she got in, my girlfriend began looking for council tax letters stating the previous payment plan

and I then told my girlfriend that actually there wasn't any letters regarding the payment plan because an email had been sent instead.

At this point the woman got angry about us referencing this email (because I had explained the previous circumstances a couple of times)

and accused me of calling her a liar and for this reason said she was "cheesed off" and so for this reason was now going to give us 5 days to pay the full amount,

rather than setting up a payment plan.

At this point I repeated that we just want to set up a payment plan and that she was being very unreasonable.

At which point she turned to my girlfriend and said "dya know what? I don't like you" apparently because of her "attitude",

despite my girlfriend having barely said anything at this point,

infact being quite nice to her and telling me to calm down.

My girlfriend, shocked and bemused, then asked why she didn't like her, sarcastically asking if it was because she was from Leicester

(because the bailliff was from Birmingham) to which the bailliff replied "Oh well that explains it then" meaning my girlfriend has a bad attitude because she's from Leicester.

All of which we have on video.

This then discended into arguments, my girlfriend threatened to go over her head and tell her superior that she had made an unprovoked personal attack for which she should be sacked.

My girlfriend, appalled at being insulted in her own house told her to leave.

She refused to leave.

My girlfriend asked her repeatedly if she was within her rights to be in the house which she point-blank refused to answer.

After she realised she had been video'd she went silent, noted down what we had, told us how much we have to pay and left.

We were left with a notice of seizure of goods.

I would appreciate some advice reguarding her getting into the house by saying she could have me arrested

if we didn't let her in and that all she wanted to do was an inventory and to set up a payment plan

and then on coming in decided we then had five days because we were talking about an email - if she is allowed to do this.

I also want to know if her comment to my girlfriend is a sackable offence and if her refusing to leave and then refusing to tell us if she was legally allowed to be in the house is unlawful.

She also said that in five days, her company have the power to enter by force (i.e. kicking the door down) which we would like to know if this is true or not.

If anyone can provide us with this information or put us in touch with someone who can we would be very grateful.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cant do the u tube thing really really really want to see this before i comment further

bang goes her job:violin::violin::violin:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?304080-Bailiffs-just-been...what-a-mess-((2-Viewing)-nbsp

I wonder if this is the same bailiff as she is a nasty piece of work and also works for B&S

cant do the u tube thing really really really want to see this before i comment further

bang goes her job:violin::violin::violin:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?304080-Bailiffs-just-been...what-a-mess-((2-Viewing)-nbsp

I wonder if this is the same bailiff as she is a nasty piece of work and also works for B&S

Often wonder if a lot of the posts are related as things tend to go in phases as if 1 Numpty Bailiff is going around causing misery & mayhem.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

a her refusing to leave and then refusing to tell us if she was legally allowed to be in the house is unlawful. She also said that in five days, her company have the power to enter by force (i.e. kicking the door down) which we would like to know if this is true or not. If anyone can provide us with this information or put us in touch with someone who can we would be very grateful

I have completed the links for convenience so they will work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6SRbxz8TJs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZFLGljjIPg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qVmgyZHg70

I would send a copy of the videos with a Formal Complaint to Council CEO, Council Leader, Local Councillor and MP, stating that you have tried to pay, but B&S have actively hampered your attempts, remind them that they are WHOLLY RESPONSIBLE for the disgraceful actions of their agent the bailiff, and you will be progressing this serious complaint as a matter of urgency.

I think she has to leave when you withdrew consent for her to remain, even though she had obtained "Peaceful Entry" she should have left at that point as she was then a trespasser.

Personally I would have NOT let her in, as you don't legally have to deal with a bailiff.

It would appear her goose may be cooked:-)

Edited by brassnecked

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

OMG!!! I have just seen this..

and I have to say she is screwed. I watched all 3 vids and I am disgusted at her mannerism, totally unprofessional.

I would like permission to post these up on my link over at facebook.

By the way she cannot come back and force entry she would need permission from the council first and you would be notified. I would send a copy of these vids to the Chief executive of the council informing them that this is how their agents are acting towards their clients. who is she working for.

Edited by seanamarts

and I have to say she is screwed. I watched all 4 vids and I am disgusted at her mannerism, totally unprofessional.

By the way she cannot come back and force entry she would need permission from the council first and you would be notified. I would send a copy of these vids to the Chief executive of the council informing them that this is how their agents are acting towards their clients. who is she working for.

Agreed, she is way out of order. Wait until tomtubby, ploddertom and the others see this one....

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

and I have to say she is screwed. I watched all 3 vids and I am disgusted at her mannerism, totally unprofessional.

Feel free, I want these videos to have maximum exposure, it's unacceptable - we didn't even capture all the bad behaviour either.

Feel free, I want these videos to have maximum exposure, it's unacceptable - we didn't even capture all the bad behaviour either.

Clean them up and enhance them in a video editor, and render them into one file to use as evidence

not only is she seriously screwed she is on a power trip i would seriously question her fitness to hold a certificate

OMG!!

I have to say that your girlfriend was very restrained!! I'd have smacked her one for what she was saying and how she was saying it!!! Who died and made her boss?!?!?!?

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

Find out which court certificated this looney ready for further action imho

As far as I aware they still can't force entry even after a levy unless a judge authoriises entry and attached to the warrant of execution and none has been authorised in over 10 yrs for a private property.

Get the original council officer who agreed the £35 per month and the other guys here will help you take it to the top.

The only place this bailiff should visit is the job centre

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

Follow hallow and post up what she levied, if she has levied the same goods twice it is invalid, and the evidence against her is stacking up.

If she is one of the bailiffs who lurk and view threads on CAG, I would be very worried now if I was her.

Thanks for the help and advice everyone, I'll look at all the information she left and post it when I can. We're going to go to the council office tomorrow morning and explain everything.

before you go tp the council post up the info so we can check it

if she has this wrong then its more ammo

remember you must also formally complain in writing

I can confirm that there are two different Inventory lists, with different reference numbers that have exactly the same items on them. The lists say INVENTORY, then below they says OF GOODS SEIZED / REMOVED with REMOVED crossed out on both. At the bottom there's something that starts 'I hereby confirm that this inventory is an accurate description of the items blah blah' then there's a space for our signature which we haven't signed. We didn't sign anything, infact. The charges are as follows - ATTENDANCE TO LEVY FEE - 42.50 LEVY FEE - 33 REDEMPTION OF GOODS FEE - 24.50 These are the same on both. I'm not sure how to find out which court ceritifed the action.

and she cant force entry

not on a civil debt

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I can confirm that there are two different Inventory lists, with different reference numbers that have exactly the same items on them. The lists say INVENTORY, then below they says OF GOODS SEIZED / REMOVED with REMOVED crossed out on both. At the bottom there's something that starts 'I hereby confirm that this inventory is an accurate description of the items blah blah' then there's a space for our signature which we haven't signed. We didn't sign anything, infact. The charges are as follows - ATTENDANCE TO LEVY FEE - 42.50 LEVY FEE - 33 REDEMPTION OF GOODS FEE - 24.50 These are the same on both. I'm not sure how to find out which court ceritifed the action.

She cannot levy twice on the same goods, as if she took them in a van, how can she sell them twice? the levy is invalid imho, see the council. and show them the vids also, and if she comes back in the meantime after you have spoken to the council, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LET HER IN! she cannot force entry, send you to jail, bring locksmiths, call the Gorgon, Godzilla, or anything else. Video her again if she comes back and post it up on youtube, but if you have a car park it away from your house in case she tries to clamp it. Hopefully tomtubby will be along soon also for her take on this.