style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone advise if there is a time limit for financial associations and linked addresses to remain on file and also is there any detriment to credit rating for these to be on file?

Also I have done a notice of correction on file, does Experian contact the company before the notice of correction is added to the file. One final thing there is 3 searches by the same company on the same day, does this bare any ramifications to my credit rating?

Thanks in advance for advice.

Edited by donjon32

3 searches in one day is excessive, you need to write to the CRA and demand they are removed or at least two of them. As for the notice of correction I disputed a listing and it only stayed on my file for 28 days. Basically the CRA will contact who ever lists the default or search and ask them if its correct, they in turn will just say it correct and thats good enough for the CRA's. Even providing proof will be rejected, then only way anything will get changed if is the actual company that lists the data informs the CRA to remove it or the 6 years is up.

I would write to the Compliance Manager of the DCA and the CRA as a formal complaint

I had considerable success in removing searches an in some cases received compensation

for excessive searches but it take time and sometimes threats of legal action to get results.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I would write to the Compliance Manager of the DCA and the CRA as a formal complaint

I had considerable success in removing searches an in some cases received compensation

for excessive searches but it take time and sometimes threats of legal action to get results.

It wasnt from a DCA it was from AA insurance that the 3 searches was done

Was this just for an insurance quotation?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

OK then these should be unrecorded inquiries and should not impact on your credit rating :-)

Insurance companies will check because of the huge number of false claims and the use of

false addresses by the ungodly of this world:madgrin:

Can anyone advise if there is a time limit for financial associations and linked addresses to remain on file and also is there any detriment to credit rating for these to be on file?

A financial association will stay on record indefinately, until you advise CRAs it is no longer relevant (i.e you no longer have any joint accounts with that individual). Lenders will not tell CRAs to delete this link. If you don't have any joint bank accounts, loans or mortgages with the individual, it is worth doing a disassociation. Because even if you apply for credit in your sole name, a lender can do an associate search and consider the information on your associate's report as if it can directly affect you. This is one of the most straightforward things you can do to improve your chances of getting credit.

A linked address will stay on your report for 8 years. Don't worry about old addresses on there, only addresses you don't recognise. When you apply for credit lenders build up the picture they see about you by scanning through your linked addresses for data. If you see an address you don't recognise, it's worth querying it with a CRA.

Also I have done a notice of correction on file, does Experian contact the company before the notice of correction is added to the file. One final thing there is 3 searches by the same company on the same day, does this bare any ramifications to my credit rating?

They do not contact the company before adding a Notice of Correction. If you write your own NOC to explain information (i.e a paragraph for a lender to read), it will be added to that information for as long as it is on your report. As for the searches, Brigadier2JCS has hit the nail on the head.

CRA Employee.

Thanks James your input is most useful!!