style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can somebody please help me find a direct email address to customer services. I bought my son a Blackberry at the end of January (£199) and the screen has gone whiet with black lines through it. It can't be used. I took it back to The Carphone Warehouse and the guy told me it's not covered by the warranty and I would have to pay £170 to have it repaired.:mad2:

My son was only riding his bike with it in his pocket, but the salesman says that pressure has been applied to the screen and that is why it has gone the way it has. The are no visible pressure points and the glass is not cracked or anything. I am fuming over this and intend to take it up directly with Blackberry to see what they say.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Thanks for that. But I was hoping more for en email address. I am useless on the phone.

For the first year of any purchase it is the shop at which you purchased it from that are responsible, that goes for any product, then thereafter it is the manufacturers if you have taken any extended warranty. So you really have 8/9 months guarantee left pending with the store. Do not take no for an answer, and if need be report them to your local trading standards. Also, having the handset in a pocket while riding a bike is not misuse or malicious treatment so the repair would be free of charge.

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

This is the reply I have just recieved from Carphone Warehouse:-

Dr Mr SOD'EM,

The store advised you correctly. The warranty on all handsets does not cover cracked LCD screens (I have already told them that the screen is not cracked, the problem is behind that). blah blah blah. If you want to go to Trading Standards, then that is your choice.

Anyone got any good replies to that one?

Heeeeeeellllllpp !!!!!

So it looks like I am getting nowhere fast then. That was a waste of £200. I have told my son that if they do not replace it, he is not getting another one.

This is the reply I have just recieved from Carphone Warehouse:-

Dr Mr SOD'EM,

The store advised you correctly. The warranty on all handsets does not cover cracked LCD screens (I have already told them that the screen is not cracked, the problem is behind that). blah blah blah. If you want to go to Trading Standards, then that is your choice.

Anyone got any good replies to that one?

Heeeeeeellllllpp !!!!!

Not sure if you saw my reply SE? But as long as there's no accidental or malicious damage to the phone, the retailer ARE responsible for either repair or replacement for the first 12 months from date of purchase. Have you tried contacting "Watchdog"? They are very good at helping consumers with problems of this nature, and are always willing to take a case on.

This is their telephone number; 020 8535 1000

This is the postal address; Watchdog, MC4 C5, Media Centre, Wood Lane, London W12 7TQ

I can't post their email as I don't have sufficient privileges to do so, but it's on their website.

If I were you SE, I'm afraid I would go to the store where I purchased it, demand a Manager, and would not leave till they agreed to have it repaired, they're breaking the law.

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

I can't see how one case would get Watchdog interested although I am not discarding the idea. I ned to find the warranty because apparantly it says that any damage to the LCD screen is not covered by it. What I can't understand is, if that is the case then they are saying that those LCD screens will never ever fail or break without misuse or something.. Doesn't make sense to me.

Strange that it has gone just by being in your Son's pocket, i keep mine in my pocket at work and it's always getting battered and dropped...had no probs with mine so far(hopes ive not spoken too soon ) lol

I can't see how one case would get Watchdog interested although I am not discarding the idea. I ned to find the warranty because apparantly it says that any damage to the LCD screen is not covered by it. What I can't understand is' date=' if that is the case then they are saying that those LCD screens will never ever fail or break without misuse or something.. Doesn't make sense to me.[/quote']

I would expect Watchdog to have multiple complaints about the car phone warehouse and Blackberry :lol: Give them a try, you're not going to lose anything! Besides, if they think you're wary about standing up for your what's rightfully yours as a consumer, they will fob you off time and time again.

A friend of mine had her Blackberry water damaged (now if that's not misuse I don't know what is). She took it to a different CPW, and they done the repair for nothing. Going to give that shop a try tomorrow. If that fails, then all of the above suggestions will be followed. Thanks everyone.

Just thought I would try a different CPW for a laugh and got the same results. Have read Blackberries warranty and it does state that anything that happens to the LCD screen will not be covered by the warranty. I will contact RIM and appeal to their better nature. If the LCD screens are not covered, then what confuses me is ' what if one does falter due to no fault of the user'. Surely every LCD screen they produce can't be 100% perfect?????

I just emailed [email protected] (which is what is on their website), and the message came straight back as not sent.

They want me to go through all the stupid options first. Tried ringing them to ask for an email address, and it is just all automated

and gives you no chance whatsoever to speak to anyone that can help me. They must have a complaints department FFS:-x.

Spoke to some foreign person in the end. Took about half an hour to understand the complaints email address (it still may not be right, but it hasn't come back as not sent yet). For anyone needing it in the future it is:-

[email protected]

You have to be so frustrated SE! The only email I can find is the one you posted up also :???: The only other course of action I can suggest for you is either, go back to the store and demand a repair, but cover yourself ensuring they give you a receipt that indicates there is no physical damage to the phone. Or the C.A.B, I would be furious if I were you :mad2: