Annualcrditreportuk/inocrrect information

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I subscribed to this site and its good fair play but I am finding incorrect information on it. I know its not their fault but how do I change the details that they hold? An example of this is the Honours Student Loan Company... I was in college from 92 to 95 so its the old style loan but HSL have stated that the agreement stated Account Opened 1 April 1996, I did a double take when I read that/ OK I have a mega dispute with them and sent for a SARS last year to gain information required which they still haven't provided to date. Surely they can't register infomation which is totally incorrect and it looks like I received a students loan 12 months after I graduated.Also the loan I had was under the old agreements and I belived the student loan agreements changed in 1996.

What if anything can I do about it?

Cheers all xx

Hi

You can raise a dispute with the credit reference agency who will contact the lender but if the lender tells them that the data is correct (even without proof), it stays as it is. If that happens, you are allowed to put a notice of correction against the offending item (up to 200 words)

You say you sent them a SAR last year. Have they replied at all?

As far as I can remember, the new student loans came in around September 1998

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Siliverfox

Yes they did reply but could not supply me with all the information that I needed. What happened was this I defered my loan as you do and they still put me in court and this was in 1999 I even put in a defence and it was disregarded. I was paying the CCJ up until last year and I thought to hell with this 11 years is long enough. I stopped paying them and requested my signed CCA which they could not produce. Then I sent a SARS thinking along the lines if I get the court number then I could hopefully get it overturned on the grounds that it should never have gone to court etc as I was not working at the time as I was a looking after my mum and hubby. They couldn't produce this info and still can't and now they are threatening court action again... but they can't do this as its already been to court and they can't find the court number etc.

So thats where am at with HSL and thats when I found the start date was totally incorrect.

I also found more discrepancies as well and thats with Lloyds TSB.. and boy am I going to have field day with this one. We took out a secured loan with them in 2008 and on my credit file its says the amount is for example 15k but on my credit file it says 25k, These amounts are examples. So I rang Lloyds yesterday and it seems the extra 10k is for a PPI that was cancelled when my other half realised it he was paying for something not wanted. However, it have accrued contractual interest... so now am now going to send them a SARS and see whats what and also to find out can I claim this back and if I can then if can be offset against the balance. There were a couple of others but these two were the worst.