Good News Folks! Ppi Refund Success

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

maria100,in reply to your post:

Do a SAR - Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998 and send the statutory fee of £10 together with proof of your id and address by recorded delivery post to the Data Controller of the company.

The company has 40 days to comply.A template letter can be found inthe library.

As soon as you receive a reply to your SAR,let me know so I can then assist you further.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry about that, i'm confusing everyone there

my original request was under the DPA, to find out the charges applied to my account, and that was followed up cca requests that are now being ignored.

i'm sorry if the post was a bit misleading but this issue has been going on for a and i was trying to keep it brief.

yesterday sent off third cca request along with another checue for 1 pound saying if no reply i will be taking matter to info. commissioner as they are also ignoring other letters i have writen to the.

proberly bestif i start my own thread with this, as i have a feeling this is going to run on a bit,

regards kevluff

:mad:LF53

Hi Nightmare4banks,

Is this necessary as I have the original loan agreement and proposal, ppi policy etc, can I not go from here with the relevant info or is there something I'm missing????

Sorry to be such a pain but this is all new to me!

Thanks

M

Hi all,

I've posted another message on this forum with regard to PPI's on 2 loans I took out with the Clydesdale bank. I believe now that there was a degree of mis-selling involved in that:- 1. We were told that the PPI could be cancelled, which it can't. 2. We weren't told that the PPI would only cover 50% of the premium in the event of one of us becoming redundant (the loans were in joint names) which is a fat lot of good when you've lost 50% of your income.

Aside from the above the PPI premium is really high. Do I have a case for reclaiming the PPI part of the loan?

As always, any advice would be much appreciated.

Mike

Hi Nightmare4banks & all,

I took out a personal loan with Lloyds on 31st Aug 2000 due to end on 1st April 2005 for £1500 at 19.8% APR (I know, I know - April Fool in more ways than one!)

PPI was included, although to the best of my knowledge I did not agree to this, and indeed was out of work from Nov 2000 onwards. There is no given figure for the PPI, but using the initial opening balance on the statement it seems to have been charged at £347.88.

A small windfall in July 2001 meant I was able to pay off the loan in full less than a year into the term, but when I rang to settle the amount outstanding was still £1619.36.

Total amount paid on the loan was £2117.56

I know it's not much, but I'm keen to claw it back if I can!

All opinions gratefully received - and good luck to all taking this route! :)

Lucy.

Lucycat vs. Halifax 13/9 - £4496.99 - WON!

Lucycat vs. MBNA (Alliance & Leicester) - 16/11 - Offer of £295 received - pursuing £575.

Lucycat vs. HSBC - 15/11 - MCOL filed - £1438 (& interest at 8% - another £392.49)

Lucycat vs. Capital One 15/11 - Offer of £136 received - pursuing £340.

Lucycat vs. Halifax - Mortgage ERC - 18/10 - LBA sent - £466.32.

Lucycat vs. Halifax - Mortgage Charges - 9/11 - D.P.A. Non-Compliance letter delivered.

Lucycat vs. LloydsTSB - Loan PPI - 5/10 - Statement received.

Lucycat vs. LloydsTSB - 20/10 - Prelim sent for £45 - returned undelivered, recipient has 'gone away'...! :o

* Lucycat vs. Carphone Warehouse - 13/11 - S.A.R. delivered. * Lucycat vs. Volkswagen Finance - 9/11 - S.A.R. delivered. * Lucycat vs. Barclaycard - 15/11 - S.A.R. sent out.

I am just starting the prosess of claiming back the several hundred pounds taken from the bank account and many card accounts of my wife. She also has a bank loan (Nat West @ 29%). Most of the card accounts and the bank loan have ppi on them. Although she has a part time job, she is also a self employed partner in my business and so cannot be jobless. It is my belief that such policies are therefore not fit for needs.

I am preparing SAR's, should I add a paragraph about the ppi and if so what should my aproach be at this stage?

Thank you for help

Creation Financial Services--S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 18 Oct

Statements received 28 Oct

PAR sent 30 Oct for £910 Credited £282 as Good will Offer

LBA sent 28 Dec for £730

N1 filled out, but they phoned and settelled in full 19 Jan:D

GE Capital--S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 18 Oct

Capital One---S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 18 Oct

Great Universal(Littlewoods Shop Direct--S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 18 Oct

PAR sent 19 Jan

Nat West--S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 26 Oct

Received 27 Oct

Acknowledgement received 28 Oct

steve. It would probably be worth you starting your own thread on this.

Natwest loan at 29% - are you 100% sure. That's mega credit card territory, not usually loan rates. I'd get another loan as soon as possible and switch over to that if that is the case.

Barclays - £268 - Moneyclaim

Capital One - £172 - Moneyclaim

Abbey (2nd claim) - Moneyclaim

---------------------------------------------------

HSBC - £2164.46- PAID IN FULL

MBNA - £471 - PAID IN FULL

NatWest - £307 - PAID IN FULL

Abbey Business - £314.15 - PAID IN FULL

Whilst on the subject of PPI I an currently in dispute with HFC and DFS I purchased a sofa from DFS almost 3 years ago asked recently for a settlement figure which I didn't agree with only to find when I received copies of the documentation that someone had ticked the box for PPI protection after I had signed the forms.

HFC have refunded the PPI payments and adnmitted in writing that effectively a fraud has been purpertrated on my account. However I am now arguing with them that the remainder of the loan is unenforcable and they should write it off as my Consumer Credit Act agreement was tampered with after I signed it (and they have admitted it!!) - I have threatened to take the matter to the police and request a fraud investigation if we cannot mutually agree on a resolution.

Any thoughts on this one - at present they are refusing to back down and have offered me £18.84 in compemsation which they see as sufficient!!!!

I will not be happy until they write this off.

Hi Gordon

Yes I couldn't belive it, 29% on a £1000 loan plus £145 ppi. I was livid, I have been with this same branch since I left school 34 years ago, and my parents since 1960 when it was "The National Provincial". My wife has her own account and had got behind with a prevoius loan and had an overdraft. They offered her this new loan to clear the loan and and overdraft, on the contition that she returned her cheque guarentee card. I have only just found all this out. I had suspected for some time that she had money problems, and now see has admitted it and shown me the statements I can see that much of problem has been caused by these institutions racking up charges on top of charges. The reason she had keep it from me was that she was assamed and embarrassed. The fact that I have known for some time that see was keeping something from me has poisioned our relationship and I am angry that these companies put profit before thier customers and thier relationship.

Sorry, I'll get down off my soap box now.

Creation Financial Services--S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 18 Oct

Statements received 28 Oct

PAR sent 30 Oct for £910 Credited £282 as Good will Offer

LBA sent 28 Dec for £730

N1 filled out, but they phoned and settelled in full 19 Jan:D

GE Capital--S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 18 Oct

Capital One---S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 18 Oct

Great Universal(Littlewoods Shop Direct--S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 18 Oct

PAR sent 19 Jan

Nat West--S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 26 Oct

Received 27 Oct

Acknowledgement received 28 Oct

Hi all!,

Please note:

1.Anybody that wants to persue a claim for PPI should follow the steps I have put in the start of this thread.

2.It is absolutely essential that you do a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and then when you get your reply either post your figures here plus any notes regarding the PPI selling.All required figures are stated in my first post within the start of this thread or send me a PM.

3.So things are not confused,I would suggest that each person who is claiming back PPI to start his/her/their own seperate thread.

Anyway,good luck to everyone with kicking more a**es!

Rumour has it Nightmare4banks the OFT are to release a statement this week regarding PPI policies.. I got that from a reliable source this morning.

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

reidnet,in reply your post:

It is about time as well!

I came across certain articles linked with PPI mainly to do with the Citizens Advice Bureau and the Super Complaint that was handed down to the OFT which is duty bound by law to investigate the PPI fiasco in this country.

So,this must be the response!

It will be very interesting to see what this investigation has actually concluded and the way forward by the OFT in dealing with these matters.

Hopefully this will enable us to kick more a**!

Hi all!

I am writing to tell all forum members my success in obtain a FULL REFUND PLUS INTEREST of my Payment Protection Insurance Premiums due to misselling that was added on two loans that I have - backdated from the day the loans were taken out -that is 5-6 years ago for one loan and 6-7 years ago for the second loan.

My advice to anyone seeking to claim should do as follows(By the way,this process only applies to loans and not credit cards mainly to the complexity of the calculations):

1.Exhaust the complaints procedure within the company.Make sure you keep copies of all fob you off letters etc in a safe place.

2.DO NOT enter longwinded arguments over the phone.In fact do not use the phone at all!

3.Do a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - for your records under the Data Protection Act - send your £10 + proof of ID and address etc.

4.When you get the response to your SAR,highlight the amount of the premium plus the interest.

5.Then go down the LBA route etc.

6.One crucial thing you should mention is that the CAB sought to launch the Super Complaint for the OFT to investigate the misselling of Payment Protection Insurance because so many claims are disqualified and the plans are deemed to utterly useless to the consumer.I will be posting more about this later.

FINALLY...

If anyone has any figures and if any help is needed for calculating the premium plus interest amount,post the figures here but please state:

1.Insurance Premium Amount.

2.Interest Rate - not the APR.

3.Start Date of Loan.

4.Amount of Years/Months Outstanding on Loan.

5.Original Loan Term.

In some cases the amounts stated in agreement are clearer so all you do in this case is make a copy of the agreement and extract the figures you need from it.

Good luck with your claims and kick more a**!

Please, please help. We have a loan with London Personal Loans. PPI was added even though we said we didn't want it. We have major problems with London Personal but am trying to get my head round clawing back ppi. Insurance premium paid and added to the loan was £1200.00. The interest rate was 12% variable. The date of the start of the loan was 3 June 2005. The loan was for 25 years. So there's approx 24 years left. Deep joy. What sort of claim ££wise am I going to put to the seller (as I understand it and not the provider)?

I have sent a nice letter asking for a few £k back from Blackhorse. all loans are now cleared but they told me I had to take the PPI to get the loan. naughty naughty...

I quoted the CAB super complaint reference.

Gave them 10 days to respond.

Watch the link in my signature for updates.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

I love this site - and every day, the people with money hate us more and more!!!

Barclays - £268 - Moneyclaim

Capital One - £172 - Moneyclaim

Abbey (2nd claim) - Moneyclaim

---------------------------------------------------

HSBC - £2164.46- PAID IN FULL

MBNA - £471 - PAID IN FULL

NatWest - £307 - PAID IN FULL

Abbey Business - £314.15 - PAID IN FULL

Just away to start a thread about my Citi\Associates PPI. I found the agreements in my paperwork and will be sending a SAR off to them...If you could have a look and see what you think would be great. They wouldnt let me take the loan without PPI and I am unsure if I got a refund of any of the first PPI when taking out the 2nd loan which paid off the first...

Nikkiandmidgets Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Capital One (2) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelims sent 20/10/06, LBA's sent 16/11/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Citi credit card - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelim sent 9/10/06, LBA sent 28/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Egg (4) - S.A.R. sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidget Vs Littlewoods (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Blackhorse - Prelim sent 20/10/06 requesting £125 charges to be refunded. LBA sent 16/11/06.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Welcome Finance (Macadam Finance) - S.A.R and C.C.A request sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

My Mum Vs Capital One - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Citi - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs SLC - S.A.R and C.C.A sent 09/10/06

Husband Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I use letter from fool forum The Motley Fool UK - Register With The Fool to cancel PPI with my Alliance and Leicester I received following reply please help.

REPLY FROM LENDER AS BELOW

I Understand that you feel that the protection policy in place has been misold to you, as you are self -employed. I would like to clarify that the policy in question does cover self employed applicants.Please find enclosed a copy of the certificate of cover for your convenience. This document highlights the terms and conditions of the policy, along with the policy benefits and exclusions. I have highlighted the relevant sections.

I cannot agree with your claim that the protection policy has been misold to you, in light of the above. I trust you will agree when looking at the highlighted sections of the enclosed documentation. I confirm that I am unable to comply with your request to receive full reimbursement of the Premiums you have paid due to this.

Also they send me settlement figure whole loan amount saying i need to settle loan because PPI is attached to loan.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

This thread is interesting. My fiancee took out a loan with Welcome Finance sometime in November 2004. At the time of taking out the loan she was told by the adviser that she had to take the PPI insurance for this loan. This is a fact denied by Welcome. The PPI has now been cancelled but has increased the amount owed significantly. As we believe the insurance was missold we are seeking to get a new loan settlement amount net of this insurance. The figures are as follows:

1.Insurance Premium Amount - £3141.23

2.Interest Rate - not the APR - 1.7% per month

3.Start Date of Loan - 9th Nov 2004

4.Amount of Years/Months Outstanding on Loan - 7yrs and 9 months (approx)

5.Original Loan Term - 10 years

I am negotiating with the loan company on my fiancee's behalf.

At the time of taking the loan she was self employed and had been so for approximately 7 months. I have checked the policy wording and it states self employed are covered but only if they have been in full time employment for the previous 12 months prior to a claim being made. She went out of business in approximately March 2005. Thus she was never covered by the policy.

Can you offer any advice on how to proceed from here?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very interesting thread. Like many people who get into financial difficulty and then take the banks' advice on how to 'get straight' I find I have been clobbered again.

I am in the process of claiming back £3000 in unfair charges from Lloyds, but this is going to be much less than the PPI + interest I paid on a consolidation loan.

Many, many thanks to all the contributors to this site!

• 3 months later...

Excellent informative thread, needs to be linked to the ppi forum for all to read:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 1 month later...

HI

Sorry to be a bore but still can navigate properly around the site but I have a couple of questions that would only take a wee while of you experienced lot!

1) is there a step by step guide to the cans, cants, concept, ording templates etc to the PPI recovery and if so can I have the link pls

2) Does this apply to all PPI (loans, cards etc)

3) Does anyone know if there is anything that can be done with redemption charges on loans and high mortgage arrangement fees or is this one for the future?

thanks

HI

Sorry to be a bore but still can navigate properly around the site but I have a couple of questions that would only take a wee while of you experienced lot!

1) is there a step by step guide to the cans, cants, concept, ording templates etc to the PPI recovery and if so can I have the link pls

2) Does this apply to all PPI (loans, cards etc)

3) Does anyone know if there is anything that can be done with redemption charges on loans and high mortgage arrangement fees or is this one for the future?

thanks

Hello VVV,

Please have a look at the ppi forum its about two or three threads under this one. Read the inportant information in the sticky part. Important information for ppi claims.

The process of recliaming back mis-sold ppi is the same as the banks really, but they will fight and deny about harder:rolleyes:

1. SAR

2. Prelim letter

3. LBA letter

Court or FOS

There is a lot of information on the ppi threads people in the process of reclaiming and some successes.

If you start your own thread on the ppi forum, you will get help and advice from others.

See you over there:-D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW