Parking ticket, but not issued

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A couple of months ago, I came out of a bed and breakfast to go to my car, the area was ticket only from 8am to 8pm, I arrived at my car to see a traffic warden in the process of taking details of my car, this was at 8.03am, I spoke with the traffic warden, and he just walked off without issuing a ticke and i drove offt, a few weeks later I received through the post a fine for £75.00, I sent in an appeal, but heard nothing back until recently I got a letter saying it was now £150.00, I phoned up newham parking office, and asked what had happened to my appeal, they first said it was rejected and that was mailed to me, then she noted that it had returned to there office undelivered to my address. I asked why I was given a fine, and told her that I did not revcieve a parking ticket, but she stated the the parking warden had given it to me, of which he had not. There are photo's of my car apparently which I'm waiting for, but she stated that none showed a ticket on my car as it was handed to me, which is a total fabrication of what happened. The fine stated the ticket was issued at 8.11am, I was not even there at that time as I had left. Where do I stand ? And how can I put in a complaint against the traffic warden. Thanks for your time.

Complaining about the warden would be largely pointless, but if you want to, write to the Council in question and ask them to look into the matter. The "wardens" (actually, CEOs) work for a company contracted to the council.

As regards where you stand, it depends what the council are prepared to do. The correct process is wait for an order for recovery to be issued to you, then make a statutory declaration, and the case should get put back and they will send you another notice to owner - then you can appeal it.

This is a waste of their time though - if they wanted to be reasonable, they could just agree to issue a new notice to owner now - and you can appeal again. They don't have to do it that way, but it's easier for them!

Whatever they say, you should be able to get this sorted out, since it's on record that you did not receive a reply to your appeal. Incidentally, did you check with them that they have the right address? They probably do, but it's strange your letter was returned to them.

Anyway, can you say what the council said they would do next?

They stated that I was unable appeal on the 2nd fine and I would have to wait for the next part which is going to be dealt via the Northampton courts, I just find it unfair that a traffic warden can still process a ticket and blatantly lie about issueing it to me. I think he waited until 8.11am because of the grace period for obtaining a ticket.

Right - so you need to sit tight for now, and wait until an Order for Recovery is sent, which should be soon. Then you can contest it.

However you will NOT be contesting the PCN at that point - just the fact that the case has progressed. When you've done that, things will be reset, and THEN you can contest the PCN and whether it was issued. But first things first...

Also check if the Wardens wear video cameras. If they do you can ask for a copy of the ticket being handed to you

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Get a copy of the tour report for that particular shift a and the pocket book notes regarding the incident made by the CEO in question, they normally turn up discrepencies if he has lied.

Ref making a complaint , i wouldnt do that yet until you have dealt with the PCN.