style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

45T.jpg

1) Above time plate on a bay which is some 6-7 car lengths long. What are the restrictions for "others" and between 8AM to 6:30PM?? Note: this is the only time plate for whole bay.

2) Disabled bay is in middle of the residential bay. On one side (Right hand) there're time plates indicating restrictions and times while on other side of the disabled bay on residential, no time plates are present. The bay ends in SYL and continues to another residential.

---Residential Bay----SYL-----Bay no time plate---Disabled Bay------Residential Bay(time plates)-----DYL-------

So, the disabled bay do indicate end/start of next restrictions or form part of the bay??

google earth link please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry for being not that very clear as posted with small netbook. Thanks G&M for info. Only seen that plate on 2nd day of parking and was confused. Only for future references as no any PCNs were issued (:sigh:). http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Leyton+Road,+Stratford&aq=4&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=21.613333,57.084961&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Leyton+Rd,+Stratford,+Greater+London+E15+1,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.550552,0.000086&spn=0.011061,0.027874&z=16&layer=c&cbll=51.550469,0.000108&panoid=aRoQOb6pTewFOYOCmhCqKQ&cbp=12,350.91,,0,13.09

Note: Time plate is turned over to other side

Now on (2) :

rpLayout.jpg

Resident's and Disabled bays are marked and signed properly.

Sorry, cannot see any 'resident or disabled' bay in the street, only 2 long bays opposite each other with just ONE plate (as per you image). I note also that the yellow lines do not terminate anywhere in the street which makes them non-complient although that by itself may not be sufficent to appeal a PCN sucessfully. However, I would consider that there is an additional problem because ogf the lack of clear signage as the only plate refers to vehicles over 5 tons (although it dosn't stipulate it means GVW) and buses/coaches. 5 tons by the way, dosn't signify that it applies to HGV's as thses are considered to be in excess of 7.5 tons. Therefore IMO, the street is incorrectly restricted so the answer is yes, you could park there (although looking at the grafitti ect, I don't think I would!).

However, I would consider that there is an additional problem because ogf the lack of clear signage as the only plate refers to vehicles over 5 tons (although it dosn't stipulate it means GVW) and buses/coaches. 5 tons by the way, dosn't signify that it applies to HGV's as thses are considered to be in excess of 7.5 tons. Therefore IMO, the street is incorrectly restricted so the answer is yes, you could park there (although looking at the grafitti ect, I don't think I would!).

An HGV is a vehicle over 3.5 tonnes there are different licence classes relating to HGV depending on the weight.

Sorry, cannot see any 'resident or disabled' bay in the street, only 2 long bays opposite each other with just ONE plate (as per you image)

It's hard to see on actual photos so a layout is posted above and on different area. This is second in series of bays that I was confused or to be honest, despite the risks I was confident enough to challenge any PCN received.

This particular street has the bays as outlined on post above. This street is residential area and almost all the bays are reserved for permit holders. It's hard to find fault on signs and markings bar one. The problems is this has disabled bay in the middle which most likely was added recently (there's a notice on lamp post for permission to reserve one as disabled bay). Thanks to this addition, once a long residential bay is now into 3 "parts" and the third "part" do not have any kind of time plates/signs/markings within it's "bay markings" which start from one end of disabled bay to other where a SYL starts. So simple questions:

Do this "orphan" bay need it's own signs or time plates or technically it is still a part of residential bay ?

or in other way: Do the markings of disabled bay in the middle of any kind of restricted bays act as a start/end of next restrictions?

An HGV is a vehicle over 3.5 tonnes there are different licence classes relating to HGV depending on the weight.

If you are talking about the unladen weight then yes. But the sign dosn't state this?

It's hard to see on actual photos so a layout is posted above and on different area. This is second in series of bays that I was confused or to be honest, despite the risks I was confident enough to challenge any PCN received.

This particular street has the bays as outlined on post above. This street is residential area and almost all the bays are reserved for permit holders. It's hard to find fault on signs and markings bar one. The problems is this has disabled bay in the middle which most likely was added recently (there's a notice on lamp post for permission to reserve one as disabled bay). Thanks to this addition, once a long residential bay is now into 3 "parts" and the third "part" do not have any kind of time plates/signs/markings within it's "bay markings" which start from one end of disabled bay to other where a SYL starts. So simple questions:

Do this "orphan" bay need it's own signs or time plates or technically it is still a part of residential bay ?

or in other way: Do the markings of disabled bay in the middle of any kind of restricted bays act as a start/end of next restrictions?

Where?!! Am I looking at the wrong street? I can't see any disbaled/residential bay in your link and there appears to be just that one plate (as shown in your fist post)??

yeah..it's for another area n different street. This is case no 2 :smile:

It does from the sound of it need its own plate but is it really worth parking there with the risk of getting a pcn and then going through all the fuss of appealling with no certainty of winning?

no it's not and never did. But am wondering now and the purpose of the thread. I asked one of the CEO and he's of opinion that the disabled bay in the middle do not mark end/start of new restrictions. I doubt his opinion but not certain on mine too.

yeah..it's for another area n different street. This is case no 2 :smile:

no it's not and never did. But am wondering now and the purpose of the thread. I asked one of the CEO and he's of opinion that the disabled bay in the middle do not mark end/start of new restrictions. I doubt his opinion but not certain on mine too.

The disabled bay if in between two permit bays would make a row of three bays needing three time plates, its a common mistake usually down to sub contracted road marking not being checked properly.

If you are talking about the unladen weight then yes. But the sign dosn't state this?

ALL weights for HGV's on road signs are Maximum Gross Weight, unless otherwise stated.

jed

The disabled bay if in between two permit bays would make a row of three bays needing three time plates, its a common mistake usually down to sub contracted road marking not being checked properly.

That's what I thought but CEO was of different opinion. Now any definite answer? yes or no.

That's what I thought but CEO was of different opinion.

What would he know, lol? The answer is as stated above all bays need a timeplate unless there is a legend on the road and its in a CPZ in which case it would be CPZ hours.