When will I receive any benefits

Guest mikeypaddon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest mikeypaddon

Hi all, I was verbally abused by my boss who attempted to phsyically attack me and so I left my job on 3rd March. After a month of unsuccessfuly searching for employment I decided to file a claim for constructive dismissal which has now been given a tribunal date of 27th July. I have informed the benefits agency that I am now unemployed and have filled in all forms. However since 3rd March I have had no money whatsoever and am struggling to survive on nothing. I assume that my ex employer has told the benefits agency that I left voluntarily therefore I won't receive any benefits for 26 weeks, but how am I expected to survive when I effectively had no choice but to leave my job? Thanks

Yes its best to find out what's holding your claim up, before making assumptions. Generally if they think you left voluntarily, you have the oppotunity to give your side of the story, either before the sanction or in appeal of the sanction. It could be the employer just hasn't returned the enquiry forms sent by the DWP - in my experience this is a big reason why some claims are held up.

What date did you claim from? What date did you actually attend the JCP office on to set up your New Claims appointment and sign your Jobseekers Agreement?

The DWP average 10 working days from receipt of the claim for to actual processing of the claim and of course you need to sign at the JCP to trigger the release of the paymernt (unless you were due to sign on on one the bank holiday dates).

With regards to the LV part it would be highly unlikely that a decision would have been made regarding that so quickly as the DMA team have to gather a significant amount of information before making a decision.

You should receive a notifcation letter frpm the DWP office when your claim has been processed detailing your weekly amount of benefit payable and from what date you will be paid from . Also you will not be paid for the first 3 days pf your claim as those are called "waiting days".