Tax credits declaration - please help

onlyme79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4740 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm really worried.

I just changed my tax credits from single to joint, since prior to this thought I could be considered single. I've ended the claim. However on the annual declaration, I can't put that I'm single... but my boyfriend won't want to put his details on.

It hasn't arrived yet.... when do they arrive roughly?

As I understand it, if you don't complete the annual declaration - the award is annulled and you have to pay back the credits... which I already have. Could I just have it annulled rather than do the declaration?

Edited by onlyme79

they are sent between April and June, 8.2 Million of them! You should be fine as long as you have made them aware that you are a couple. If you have a joint claim, you will be sent a joint renewal form. He has to put his details on there, you could maybe try at least putting an estimation on there?

You will get a renewal notice for each claim you have within a tax year. If in doubt, call them.

All the best

Is there a reason that he doesn't want to give his details? All he really needs to do is hand you his P60 and you can make the renewal yourself over the phone when you receive yuor renewal pack. As posted above this should arrive between now and the end of June and you have until 31st July to renew your information.