Blair Oliver & Scott/ Sainsburys Finance / HBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've been on the CAG forum since January 2011; with some sound advice from the caggers managing to sort out my credit problems or so I thought.

Had an arrangement with Sainsburys who were amazingly sympathetic to my financial difficulties and agreed to accept £5.00 per month for six months with a review at the end of that period.

Just coming to the end of the six months and suddenly without any warning from Sainsburys I receive a letter from Messrs Blair Oliver & Scott demanding full payment of the debt and containing the usual threats of court action, charging order etc, ect.

I am furious!!

I was impressed by Sainsburys attitude when they knew of my financial problems,straight away they agreed to token payments; now tempted to go down the CCA route.

Not sure whether to speak to Sainsburys and ask for an explanation or do the CCA.

Any comments from Caggers familar with Blair Oliver & Scott would be helpful.

Thanks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blair Oliver & Scott = threatomatic, you are supposed to get scared, they are are firm of SOLICITORS!!!

I have had 5-6 letters from them over the years, for various debts and ignored them all with no ill effects.

David

Blair, Oliver and Scott are HBOS inhouse threat donkeys so I assume they cover Sainsbury's finance with their umbrella. I have had 4 seperate 72 hour notice type letters from them, oddly they are a bit like AIC in that they simply ignore everything you send them, even it it's correspondence offering increased payments or offering a full and final.

So, in my experience it's pointless even bothering to communicate with BOS.

Hi Chattanooga

I have no intention of talking to BOS they will get a letter advising I have an arrangement in place with Sainsburys and have heard nothing from them to say transferred to BOS,so BOS can F.O for now ;wondering if I might approach Sainsburys and speak to them or just CCA them.

Thanks

Not sure about BOS, my imppresion is that Blair Oliver Scott work for just about anyone, last letter I had regarded a HFC c/c being chased by Westcot.

If they are serious regarding legal action - they certainly wouldn't use these clowns.

David

Hi Chattanooga

I have no intention of talking to BOS they will get a letter advising I have an arrangement in place with Sainsburys and have heard nothing from them to say transferred to BOS,so BOS can F.O for now ;wondering if I might approach Sainsburys and speak to them or just CCA them.

Thanks

You could consider emailing them, writing to them is a waste of 36p, you could get a packet of polos for that.

Not sure about BOS, my imppresion is that Blair Oliver Scott work for just about anyone, last letter I had regarded a HFC c/c being chased by Westcot.

If they are serious regarding legal action - they certainly wouldn't use these clowns.

David

I don't have any evidence off the top of my head but I am certain they are part of the Bank of Scotland group. I will happily admit my mistake if I'm wrong though. Any way you slice it, they are properly useless.

pers i'd just ignore them and pay sains what oyu are

its std for threats to pay more to arrive in debts

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Blair Oliver & Scott = threatomatic, you are supposed to get scared, they are are firm of SOLICITORS!!!

No, they're not.

Even they admit to being debt collectors.

There is something odd about them, though. Their website clears shews that they are an actively trading company yet, according to Companies House, they are "dormant".

Can someone explain this quaint paradox?

• Confused 1

Amazing I have a plan in place with Sainsburys with a clear understanding that they will review it in six months, stuck to my agreement, never missed a payment then suddenly without any warning a letter from the 'bullies'.

If I hadn't found the CAG forum I'd be panicking by now!!

I think I shall take dx100uk's advice and ignore them if I contact anyone it will be the original OC.

Will keep you posted.

I don't have any evidence off the top of my head but I am certain they are part of the Bank of Scotland group. I will happily admit my mistake if I'm wrong though. Any way you slice it, they are properly useless.

Blair, Oliver and Scott are the inhouse collection agency for HBOS. Sainsburys Finance is run by HBOS - they also do the AA as well by the way - so it's all just being moved from one desk to another.

I would suggest calling Sainsburys and requesting that you carry on paying 5 quid per month

No, they're not.

Even they admit to being debt collectors.

There is something odd about them, though. Their website clears shews that they are an actively trading company yet, according to Companies House, they are "dormant".

Can someone explain this quaint paradox?

Errr, tongue was firmly in cheek regarding solicitors.

Many debt collection companies, (often subsiduary co's to a main company) come up as dormant, as mystery to me as well.

David

Errr, tongue was firmly in cheek regarding solicitors.

Many debt collection companies, (often subsiduary co's to a main company) come up as dormant, as mystery to me as well.

David

Hello david,

Midas Legal Services, operated by Moorcroft come to mind! a dormant company capitalised at the princely sum of £1. You're supposed to be scared by the word legal.

Midas Legal Services, operated by Moorcroft come to mind! a dormant company capitalised at the princely sum of £1. You're supposed to be scared by the word legal.

The name Midas reminds me of the fabled king of that name and, in particular, of his ears. :lol:

Unbelievable decide to call Sainsurys to sort the matter out, call, punch in my account number and my call goes straight through to BOS!!!!!!! Trying to call Sainsburys via a different route.

If get no resolution with them will go down the CCA route;not trying to avoid paying but just tired of underhand bully boy tactics.

Just carry on paying Sainsbury's as per your arrangement in the meantime and request Sainsbury's formal complaint procedure - you can email head office, just Google them. Use lots of "shocked", "horrified" " maintaining my agreement during this stressful time" type phrases...

Hi BBNB

thanks, yes I'm sure you're right, best thing to do but you think you've got things sorted then some DCA comes along without any warning, who threatens you with a charging order on your home in their first contact with you and then expects a considered measured response in reply!!

Where do these DCA's live in some sort of LaLa land or a grime covered swamp.

BOS - sorry Blair, Oliver and Scott - are the in house team for Bank of Scotland Visa so would 'get involved' for all BOS Visa credit chasing whether for Sainsbury's or ANOther! Depending on your character you can ignore and continue to pay as per your arrangement, or, which is my weak-livered ilk, write to them to say you are paying as per your arrangment with Sainsbury's and will continue to do so until they notify you in writing that you should pay someone else, therefore that all correspondence received from them as opposed to Sainsbury's will go un-answered/un-read. Then, when your CCA request goes ignored you can go the 'account in dispute' route which is well documented on this forum x

• Confused 1

Thanks BBNB

will complain as you suggested earlier and if no joy/response from Sainsburys will write to Blair Oliver and Snott as above(pun intended)

Bubbsie

• 1 month later...

Hi All

another letter from Blair Oliver & Scott, this time entitled 'Notice of Intended Court Action' advising me that their client (Sainsurys) has instructed them to commence court proceedings without delay.

Apparently ' papers are now being prepared for commencement of action through your local court to seek a judgement against you'.

If carries on with the usual threat of if I do not pay what the court orders, then they will reapply to the court for a charging order on my property.

Just writing to Sainsurys to remind them of the agreement they made with me to pay £5 p.m and then after six months review the arrangement.

BOS further advise me to pay the whole amount by the 15th June 2011.

Who do these people think they are; do they really think if we had the money to pay we would put up with their threats and harassment for one second more than we needed to.

Doing letter now, will post it here be grateful if caggers would look it over just to make sure I don't put my foot in it.

Just so tired of the whole fudging mess!!

Edited by bubbsie1
G.Daughter pulled off letter B key on laptop, bless her

My letter to Sainsbury's and a copy will go to BOS for their information; might also send a CCA request, thought about it when I received the first letter from BOS but didn't want to provoke a head on confrontation with Sainsbury's at the time.

Any comments welcome, did post this a couple of seconds ago but ti disappeared????????

The Manager

Sainsbury’s Bank

Retail Bank Collections

PO Box 718

Leeds LS1 9GB 14th June 2011

Dear Sir/Madam

Formal Complaint Re: Account No:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

In XXXXXXX XXX I advised Sainsbury’s in writing that due to a substantial reduction in the amount of work available to me I would be unable to meet my monthly payments on the above account.

I also sent copies of my income and expenditure with a list of my priority debts.

Your response stated that Sainsbury’s were sympathetic to customers who found themselves in this situation and would therefore accept my proposal to pay £5.00 per month on the account.

Furthermore you stated this arrangement would continue for six months; after which time you would review it.

The six month period expired in May 2011 (by my reckoning) and I had heard nothing from you.

I have continued to make the payments as agreed on time and by standing order.

Recently I received a letter from Blair, Oliver & Scott (BOS) asking me to contact them immediately re: the above account.

I have no idea who BOS are or why they are contacting me; I have not been advised this account has been given/transferred/assigned to any other company to deal with.

Since the initial response to my letter of October 2011 there has been no further written contact from Sainsbury’s whatsoever; given my circumstances have not changed I have continued to make the payments of £5.00 per month as agreed.

Today (the 14th of June) a second letter has arrived from BOS advising me that their clients, Sainsbury’s Bank PLC, have instructed them to commence court proceedings immediately and ultimately obtain a charging order against my home.

Would you please explain why my personal details have been passed to this company without any notice/reference to me and why the review, proposed by you, never took place.

I have an ongoing arrangement in place with Sainsbury’s which has been adhered to; suddenly I am being threatened with court proceedings/charging orders by a company I have never heard of before and one which claims you have instructed them to take this course of action.

If I have not received a satisfactory explanation within 14 days from receipt of my letter I will contact the appropriate regulatory bodies for their view of your conduct in this matter.

Please forward me details of your complaints procedure.

Edited by bubbsie1

I would add that as your circumstances have not changed you have continued to pay as agreed although you have struggled to do so. I would also head the letter Formal Complaint and ask for their complaints procedure. get proof of postage - free of charge over the post office counter - as this is all you need and recorded is not appropriate when you're struggling to pay £5

HI BBNB

thanks for your help, included your suggestions and it rounds it off nicely.

Tempted to go down the CCA route but will hold off for now.

Letter to sainsbury's & BOS go out in the morning.

Cheers & thanks again