right to refuse the sale of goods by a retailer

Lizzy2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4743 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am new to the forum so I hope this request is in the right place. I am a season ticket holder, and recently purchased tickets to a semi final game, I purchased two tickets in person and then one childs ticket for my nephew online. I have recieved an email from the football club today informing me that I purchased to many tickets and therefore will not be allowed to purchase a ticket for the final. I have read all of the terms and conditions for the online purchase, and have also purchased tickets for two away games since, I did not recieve any emails at the time of the tickets purchase, and they took payment in full. The football club have sent an email just before bank holiday and the tickets go on sale this Monday. I don't know what my rights are, if I queue for several hours do they have the right to refuse sale?Thanks in advance

Well any retailer can refuse to serve or sell to anyone for any reason (infact they don't even have to give you a reason. You have no legal right to buy something and they have no legal obligation to serve you) Typically however this right to refuse serving you is only invoked in extreme circumstances, after all, businesses can't be too picky about their customers, especially in todays economic climate.

It does seem strange however that a football club would penalise someone for buying too many tickets. Could someone else perhaps purchase them on your behalf? Or if you do go down to the grounds and buy them in person, do they even take your name? Or just hand over a ticket in exchange for your money?

In response to your final question though, yes, even if you queue for hours, they can refuse to serve you should they so choose.