• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

warrant of eviction

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please Can Any Body Help Me In Stopping A Eviction. I Missed Payments On My Morgage And Now The Company Have Told Me They Applied For Eviction Warrant. Can I Appeal Against This And How Soon

Hi there and welcome to CAG. Yes, you can defend the eviction order but we will need more information before we can advise you properly.

What is the eviction date on the order?

Are you able to make a payment proposal to clear the arrears? i.e. an amount on top of your normal monthly payment?

If you can give me a bit more background we can get to work on a defence.

In the meantime I will move this post to the Repossessions Forum with the same title as above.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi there, yes I have got your message and should be able to help you with your defence against the eviction order.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hello im been served a warrant of eviction. i missed a few of payments over the last due to being unable to work due to 4 bearevments in family. im back on track now. the morgage company GMAC contacted me and told me i had to pay a extra £200 on top of my £50 pounds arrears, i offered £50 but the (LOVELY) lady would not budge. i was then sent a letter explaining i will be served with warrant. i can afford to pay morgage and part arrears but not the £7000 they want outwrite. my concern is how long before im evicted and can i stop it

Hi there, have you actually received an eviction order with a date for eviction?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

you can fill a form N244, go to court and get a judge to decide. Make sure you do this in time for the eviction.

how much are the arrears as that is the most you can be expected to pay, plus maybe some court costs. If you get them down to below 3 months, a judge will suspend the warrant even if they don't agree.

prior to a warrant, you would have got a judgement and a warrant is only issued 28 days after you don't pay as per order.

Hello I Have Not Recieved A Date For Warrant But Are You Saying After That Date I Have 28days. What Concerns Me Is I Get Eviction Notice And Have To Be Out In A Week. Why I Ask Is Because Im Trying To Raise Funds For All Arrears But I Need Time

Hi, until you receive a warrant for eviction from the court you can stay where you are and try to pay as much of the arrears as possible. If and when you do receive an eviction order it will have a date anywhere between 4 and 6 weeks away, at that point we can submit an N244 application to the court to defend the eviction, and I can help you with that.

In the meantime, make any payment you can as it will look better when we write the defence.

I take it you have already been to court and had the possession claim suspended?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

yes i all ready been to court. 18months ago. I will start makng payments on my arrears. and i get back to you when i get warrant. thanks very much for your advise. SPEAK SOON

:)

No problem, as soon as you get a warrant - post on here and we'll get to work on your defence. Have a read around the Repossessions and Mortgages and Secured Loans forums, you should feel more positive when you have read some of the other people's successes.

Don't forget to get receipts (or transaction numbers) for any payments that you make and keep them safe in case we need them for your defence.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

• 2 weeks later...

Ell-en Hello I Just Phoned Courts This Morning And Asked Have They Got A Eviction Date, They Said No So Im Confused Does This Mean The Morgage Company Are Just Threating Or Does It Take All This Time. Why I Ask Is One Have The Court Made Mistake And All Of Sudden I Get Eviction Say For Example Next Week And Two Can I File Defence Now Of Wait For Date. Also On My Defence Do I Fill A N244 And Or N11m. Please Advise Thanks

Hi there, it's best to wait until you get an eviction order from the court and then submit an N244 to defend it (we can help you with that). You will then get a chance to put your case before the judge. However, the lender may be holding off applying for eviction to see if you make payments. Have you been making payment recently?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

yes made payment today of £1400 and will be making another of same amount thursday. my total arrears is £7000. i keep you informed. its just that been reading threads and the form n11m gets mentioned and wanted to make sure put in correct forms

OK, keep us informed and we'll guide you with the correct form and procedure.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Please dont worry I fought GMAC for many years they threaten in the hope people will borrow the money and pay up just make payments as you can and keep records then when you get the order from the court ellen will deal honestly it can be sorted GMAC are Bxxxxxs

HELLO ELL-EN AND BONA THANKS FOR SUPPORT. ANY WAY JUST RECIEVED EVICTION DATE 6-8-08 SO I NEED HELP FILLING N244 FORM I TELL YOU WHAT I WRITTEN AND PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ALTER. RIGHT HERE MY STORY. THE REASON FOR ARREARS WAS MAINLY DUE TO 3 FAMILY BEAREVMENTS OVER LAST YEAR INCLUDING A TRAGIC AND SUDDEN DEATH OF MY BROTHER.THIS COST ME A LOT OF TIME OFF WORK. AND WHEN I DID WORK I TOOK A OFFICE JOB ON LOWER PAY FOR SHORT TIME AS I DID NOT THINK IT WAS SAFE FOR ME TO DRIVE HGV LACK OF CONCERTRATION. ALSO LAST SUMMER I WAS OFF FOR 5 WEEKS WITH FOOD POISONING. AND AS I WORK IN FOOD INDUSTRY THEY WOULD NOT LET ME RETURN (TESCO)ALSO DECEMBER HAD INDUSTRIAL INJURY.AND JUST RECIEVED LETTER THIS MORNING TELLING ME COMPANY HAVE ADMITTED LIABILTY AND I WILL BE RECIEVING COMPO WHICH I WILL USE TO PAY OF ARREARS. THE LAST 12 MONTHS HAVE BEEN A NIGHTMARE BUT NOW FINGERS CROSSED BACK ON TRACK. MY PROPOSAL I HAVE ARREARS OF £7500 AND HAVE SENT IN ONE CHEQUE TODAY FOR £1430 AND ANOTHER TOMORROW FOR SAME AMOUNT. MY DAUGHTER HAS PROMISED ME MORE MONEY. SO IM OFFERING £150 A MONTH OFF ARREARS. AND HOPEFULLY PAY OFF ALL ARREARS IN A YEAR IF NOT SOONER. ALL I NEED IS TIME AS I JUST GOT BACK ON FEET.P.S DO I NEED TO ATTACH INCOME FORM WITH N244 AND ANY OTHER DOCUMENTS IE LETTER OF SOLICITER SAY ABOUT MY COMPENSATION. SORRY ITS LONG LETTER CAN YOU USE A SHORTER VERSION OR SHOULD I SENT WHAT I WRITTEN. THANKS VERY MUCH

Hi there, give me 15 minutes or or so and I'll edit your text to make it easier for the judge to read.

Is the mortgage in joint names?

Do you have any young children at home?

In the meantime can you complete an income and expenditure statement. You can download one here National Debtline England & Wales | Personal Budget Sheet

Print one off and complete in pencil first to make sure you get it right. Then print off another - either complete on PC and print, or print off and write in pen.

You will need a copy of your solicitors letter also.

Back shortly :)

Ell-enn

Yes Have A 11 Year Old Daughter Yes Morgage In Joint Names Thanks. Also I Have Written To Gmac Over Last Few Months With Offers But Not Reply. I Have Copys Of Those Letters Do I Attach Them. Thanks

Hi, I have affixed the statement for Part 10 of the N244 form. It won't fit in the space provided on the form, so you need to write "see affixed sheet". On the top of the sheet you will need to put the claim number and both your names in full (I have put spaces for them on the document).

Where I have put XXX's you need to enter your name.

Where I have referred to an Appendix - write the claim number on the top left corner and Appendix 1,2 or 3 on the top right of the corresponding letter or budget sheet.

Below are the instructions for completing the rest of the form:

1. Your names

2. Tick Defendant

3. Suspension of eviction order. Arrears have been reduced and will be cleared by……

4. No

5. Tick at a hearing

6. 15 minutes

Agreed by all parties: No

7. Write - Not applicable

8. District

9. Both Parties

10. Tick box for Evidence Set Out Below . Write in box – Please See Attached Sheet.

Cross out all options except We Believe

Sign and cross out all options except Applicant

11. Sign and cross out all options except Applicant. Enter your address and contact details.

If you have downloaded the N244 from HM website you can fill it in on your PC and print it off. It's best to take it to the court in person - they will give you a date for the hearing there and then. If you can't do that then you should send by recorded delivery. Take a copy of everything for yourself before sending.

Any questions, just shout.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Lemonmo N244 Part 10.doc

Hi there, yes the letters you sent to GMAC are referred to as Appendix 3 in the 4th bullet point. Remember to write the claim number and appendix number on everything you attach. Make sure they are securely stapled to the form.

Have you downloaded the N244 from HM website? if not you can get it here: Her Majesty's Courts Service - Home. Select Forms and Guidance from the menu on the left hand side and enter N244 in the box asking for the form no. It will take you to where you can click on the box to download it.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Remeber that GMAC take payments at the begining of the month not the end so if you miss a payment or it is late they putt is down as arreas straight away when it isnt arreas untill the end of the month so when you get a hearing date they will tell the Judge you owe more than you do so be prepared with your own arreas amount they also add soliciytors costs and penalty charges to your account and tell the Judge they are arreas ring GMAC and ask them for a statement of your acount from inception to the presant day you can then show this if they start to play nasty and tell untruths about what you owe when we went to court they were hauled over the coals more than once by the District Judge over these points

Thank You Bona I Have Notice That Over The Last 3 Months I Paid More Than They Say I Have So Will Get Statements Together Just In Case. By The Way Did You Win Case Thanks