clio2010

Halifax is it to late to try and reclaim bank charges?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2964 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi there

some time ago i hired a claims management company to recover a small amount of bank charges,which was a waste of time.

anyway after the supreme court judgement and a letter from halifax saying they will close my account in 8 weeks i gave up.

until i was on martin lewis`s website and as i understood i can use section 127 and 128 of the bcobs,

is this correct and yes i know the chances are slim but ive learnt never to give up

Perhaps you could provide a link to the info you're referring to?

Did your claim go to court and if so what happened?

What reason are you thinking of using?

I assume you're thinking of going the ombudsman route?

It's hard to advise without more information.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

hi there sorry,

some time ago around 2008-9 i tried to claim a small amount of bank charges bank from halifax these were from 2003-2005,

the fsa waiver came in then the banks won in the supreme court so i gave up and halifax closed my complaint,but i was reading on martin lewis website templates you can send,

under section 137 and 138 of the BCOBS (formerly the banking code) i said 127 before i think i hope i havent done that when i sent it to the bank oh i think they should realise.

i got this from here

http://www.google.info/forums/showthread.php?t=20778

i

well i believe i fall under both categories here

financial hardship as i unemployed due to suffering from illness and losing my nan when most of these charges accrued.

im gonna go to ombudsman and i have never been to court.

Links to MSE are fine but aren't authorised to the other one you mentioned.

You may need to apply to the Halifax first if you used different grounds when you complained before. You'll need to exhaust their complaints procedure first, which should take no longer than 8 weeks or sooner if you get a final response that you disagree with.

There is certainly no harm in giving it your best shot with FOS as it will cost you nothing.

Let us know if you need any help and how you get on.

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

hi there

i recieved a final response from halifax saying they will not refund me as there are lawful and going on about the supreme court ruling so next step

fos

Did you mention hardship in your complaint?

What's Best for You?

yes

it comes under section 127 and 128 of the banking code i referred that i was in serious hardship and are likely to be a vulnerable customer but they dont care.

FOS it is then. Good luck. Don't let them fob you off and don't forget to ask for interest on the charges.

What's Best for You?