Equifax Default Question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all - I have a default placed on my Equifax report which states the following:

Name Mr XX XX Date of Birth XX/XX/XXXX

Terms 0 @ £ 0 (Monthly) Status Defaulted

Current Balance £ XX Start Balance £ 0

Credit Limit £ 0 Default / Delinquent Balance £ XX

Start Date 22/07/2004 Date Updated 05/06/2007

Date Last Delinquent Date Satisfied

Default Date 02/05/2005

I was just wondering what 'delinquent' means, and also, if this default will drop off my report in a couple of weeks as the 2nd May signifies 6 years since the default date?

The rest of my report is excellent, this is the only blip as such, however it's made quite the impact on my score and I'm hoping to move properties soon and I'm concerned that I won't pass a credit reference because of this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

yes, default will drop off soon you lucky chap. keep an eye on on your cred files to make sure it does.

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

Thanks for the prompt reply - hopefully my score will go to 'fair' or 'good' and not 'poor' when this is removed...!

In the case that it doesn't come off automatically, do I contact Equifax themselves? I don't really want to awake the sleeping dogs so to speak and contact the creditor directly....

yes contact the CRAs first. all of them - experian, equifax and call credit.

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

thats good to hear. I don#t trust Equitw4ts one little bit so keep an eye on them!

• 2 weeks later...

So, I rang them on the 2nd to ask when it'd be removed and was told 'within 7 days' and that I'd receive an email. I hadn't received an email so rang them today to ask what was going on. The woman on the phone said that the default had been removed and I'd need to generate a new report to see it so. There went £11. Generated a new report and it's still there. Not impressed. Just got off the phone to them again and I'm now being told if I order it tomorrow it will be removed. So...we'll see.

If they told you it will be gone then it will be. maybe leave it a few more days then generate another report. otherwise ur just giving them ur money and they dont deserve it the thieving gits.