• Tweets

• Welcome to the real world. What year of university are you in? What university? And what are you studying? What is the name of the agent? And what is the name of the landlord? The business of holding deposits should be affected by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and that means that they should be subject to terms relating to fairness. It seems to me that if you pull out of an agreement to take the property then the agent or landlord should only be entitled to hold on to sufficient funds to cover any administrative losses which they have suffered as a result of your change of decision. In practice many agents will simply take the opportunity to cream off a bit of extra profit. I suppose you just paid the money over without any kind of written agreement or recording or any evidence. Certainly, if you paid over a holding deposit on the basis of a particular contractual promise – that there would be a break clause and then subsequently there was no break clause then it would be a simple matter to argue that it was the agent of the landlord who had gone into the breach of contract in which case you would be entitled to recover all of your money. However do you have evidence of this? Similarly, if you pay the holding deposit and were only told afterwards that it was not refundable then it is arguable – although not cut and dried – that they had introduced a new term into an existing contract and so once again, you would be entitled to recover all of your money. However, once again – do you have any evidence of this? It will be interesting to know whether the agent is acting of their own initiative here or whether they are really exercising the will of the landlord. Please address the questions which I've put above
    • The house was sold in 2015. What’s Ll/BB. Can any one just say what I need to do. Or what I can do. Are Lowell in there rights to claim and therefore I’m liable for paying back the debt. Even though they can’t prove a contract to me in my name. Many thanks 
    • Hi GrievingMum   I fully understand and sympathise with your medical conditions.   The 3 screenshots/images in post#21 I have removed as I have converted those into one PDF which is now showing in that post.   CAG prefers PDFs rather than multiple screenshots/images but as I said I appreciate your medical condition so I have converted those screenshots/images into one PDF and removed the screenshots/images and left the PDF in your post.    CAG also prefers that all our caggers remain Anonymous on CAG, could I just suggest that when your have edited your document to just leave it for a while then go back to it and recheck that you have removed all info to keep you anonymous before uploading to CAG.
    • The letter send to contact them. Maybe if they wanted people to ring them they should put telephone? I was in India at the time so not really convenient to call them (I can prove this to them if it became an issue)  
    • Hi  I genuinely have not received this BUT I am not saying that it hasnt been sent as I am sure it will have been.   As i said, my son has the same name as me and I am sure if he had seen one of these, he will have let me know as he did when he opened the second letter. 
  • Our picks

Poppay2

Moorcroft - midas credit services

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2844 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All

Been away for a while, (Poppay) now Poppay2, lost my password ....

Being chased by Moorcroft for a debt that they cannot produce a CCA for, have it writing that the client does not have a CCA.

Recieved a letter today headed 'LITIGATION WARNING' from company called Midas Credit Services, stating reviewing account for 'possible' recommendation to external solicitors acting on behalf of our clients.... blah blah blah...

It goes on to urge me to contact Moorcroft Debt Recovery...... by tomorrow no less....

Not unduly perturbed by this, but are they trying to project that midas are they're 'banana dept' ?

Anyone else had a letter from Midas?

Would be interested to know.

cheeers

Poppay8-)

just a bloke at the next desk wearing a diff dress

ignore them.

dx

• Haha 1

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

i'll findout what is going on with poppay for you too

as that username is shown as a guest!

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi dx100

Thanks for your reply.

I was thinking it was just the chap at the next cubicle too.

Would appreciate you finding out what is going on with my original log in details.

many thanks.

Poppay

Hi Pop,

Ignore Midas,part of Moorcrap,trying to put pressure on you all hot air.

Question for caggers,Why do Moorcrap exist ?...they are absolutely useless as DCA's i'm more scared of the paperboy than these idiot's.

hi twoman

my thoughts exactly, but, hope to alert others to there new 'parlour trick'.

big giveaways are the words 'may' , 'possible' etc etc and also the fact that they encourage one to contact Moorcroft Debt Recovery.

Hence, this is the UMPTEENTH letter that I shall ignore.

:)

Poppay

poppay, cut em up for post it notes. Good suggestion from a Cagger.. I love it when Moorcrap get any of my debts, you know your in for an easy time...Big bad pussy-cats those morons. (not) Every time I correspond with them I bill them. Think I will employ crapquest to get me money from them. No better still try freds they can use there pet solicitor Brian....

They buy some lemons that outfit. Though you only have to think if they scare just 4 of every 100 that they buy or collect on behalf on, that is some figure... 4% is the lower figure of mail shot run. You send out a 100 offers or services and you are expected at least a 4% return. Now I know from experience that people still consider debt a taboo subject in this country and they don't like discussing it with family, friends or work colleagues. I know because I was surprised that a few of my work colleagues were experiencing the dreaded DCA's and paying extortionate payment plans. I have since put them in touch with this site and they are far happier and healthier for it.

This country needs to wake up to its rights and the rip off nature of our service industries here...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

Totally agree with all the above - just ignore it. It is just yet another bullying tactic that has failed!

Hi HappyHippy

I totally agree with ya.

DCAs made my life a misery few yrs ago when I was unemployed and until I found this site.

I too tell people about this site and that its not the end of the world when you get a DCA bullying you for money, isnt that extortion?

Thankfully I have wised up now, and yes, my health and happiness have improved no end.

My eyes are now open thanks to this site and all the wonderful people that have helped and supported me through less enlightened times. :)

I'm with you there Tingy.

But having had this lot chasing me for yrs for other things this was first time I saw this tactic.

Thought it best to let others know. As it reminded me of recent hassle with RBS and their legal henchmen.

Have a great weekend all.... i'm off to celebrate my birthday..... :)

Poppay

here here poppay,,,,,, It feels great when these **** going hurrying for cover as they know you are not going to be a push over.

One word of warning to any newbies. I have looked back on the last 2.5 years and at first I had CAB dealing with them. I must say the CAB lady kept going through the worst case scenarios like, they will probably go for charging order or CCJ etc etc... When I wrote 8 months ago to say I was dealing with my creditors myself she seemed a little shocked. Just an observation... in fact the opening line of her reply letter was ( Thank you for your interesting letter) hmmm

Hi Hippy, I recall a CAB advisor asking this forum for advice to help one of her clients (good for them)...Hopefully whomever you wrote to will be better able to assist clients in future too!

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

yep,, I had to tell her a lot about what they can and can't do... I don't think in all fairness they want to get involved in the nitty gritty of legal, they just want to help you out with payment reduction more than stopping those bully-boys. As I have said, have put a least five colleagues in contact with this site. They are a lot lot happier.

My credit score is shot to hell,,,,, House negative equity,,, DCA's don't scare the hippy, for everything else there's CAG.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi, there, i had one of these letters , moorcroft- midas, today, glald i looked on this site again, thank's everybody.