EX Girlfriends Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Around 18 months ago I split up with my long term partner. At the time she had a mobile phone contract. She was 6 months into a 24 month deal, paying £15 per month. As she didn't work and hadn't worked since our son (10 year old who stays with me) was born, the contract was in my name however once the contract was approved we agreed she should get the bills changed to her name.

It turns out for the last 5 weeks of our relationship she was seeing someone else and the bills were touching £80 a month with calls to him. I told her I certainly wouldn't be paying that any more and that it was her phone and she should deal with it (she had started working again 2 months before we split up)

I thought nothing more of it, until the other week I got a letter from a debt collection agency saying I owed a mobile phone operator £280. Turns out this is the contract the ex had and as its in my name they are pursuing me which is fair enough. I'm off the mind to pay it however I want to know if its possible to e.g. take her to small claims to reclaim from her.

When we split up she took everything, which I accepted at the time as I just wanted away from her however this does stick in my throat having to pay this.

Hi,

Sounds like you've had the raw end of the deal, I doubt very much there's anything you can do with the contract being in your name, I wish there was like but would'nt think so.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Scott,

thanks very much for your reply. I suspected as much, just thought as the bills where changed to her name (and continued to be sent to her all this time, hence why I've was never aware till it got to this stage) I may have been able to take her to small claims.

As I say thanks again for your reply

John

John, don't take my word for it, hopefully someone will clarify.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi John,

In the event that the account was with us I'd be happy to take a look at this to make sure everything is as it should be.

To get in touch with me with the details of the account you'll just need to follow the information in our pinned thread here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Could you update the thread with this and I'll come back to you as soon as I can?

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK