Started and still no response

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, i first visited this forum on 16 March and sent my first letters that day to DPM, My local MP and my bank..so far i have only received a response from my MP!!

So on thursday 30 (this was end of 14 days) I phoned my bank and requested copies of all my statements since October 2002, and a copy of the interest charged on my overdraft since then.

Once i receive this info I shall write again requesting ALL chargeds to be re-imbursed (1st letter I only requested £950 of charges to be returned which I incurred from October 2005 - March 2006!!!) Biggest hit for charges was before xmas - a cheque was put in my account and monies taken same day!! resulting me incurring 7 card misuse charges each at £38!!! They had no sympathy when I called and am disgusted they did this...they did it again (funds were in account the same day) and stung me again for £175!!!

Am more than rady to write my claim form out and take this to court.....still waiting for a reply to my first letter but won't hold my breath!

will report back when i hear from bank......

Mike first off you are going to get told off for hi-jacking someone elses thread. Secondly you need to start your own thread so the mods and others can help you and thirdly the answer to all your questions are in the FAQs., please read them.

You are being charged £28 for going overdrawn, the bank don't care if you go over by 5p or £5,000,000 they will still charge you £28 and it those charges you can claim back.

Read the FAQs follow the step-by-step guide, search the forums and if you still have unanswered questions then ask them on your own thread.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Hi Stooly

My MP agreed that if it is a demonstratable case for a breach in the law then it can be pursued through the courts.

Also adding that it raises wider issues, and feels it appropriate to seek a response from the British Bankers' Association, which he has agreed to show me in due course.

I have always found involoving your MP to be beneficial in circumstances surrounding money, i have always found mine supportive when issues like these have been raised.

I will let you know the response when i receive one on behalf of the Bankers Association.

I have sent my second letter to the Bank today allowing them a further 14 days before i make my claim in court...so i will update as soon as i hear....but i won't hold my breath......

• 2 weeks later...

Well...to say i am suprised is an understatement!!

I have just this minute finished speaking with my bank regarding my tax credits and getting them out of the account - all i need to do is go into my branch and get the money!! WOOHOO

They (and i have this recorded on my phone) are not allowed to take income from your account.......to get this money you agree need a letter of authorisation or the lending centre add notes to your account approving the removal of these funds!!

Bonus for me as i thought yet again for a second week I would not be able to have MY MONEY!!

If anyone would like to hear my conversation with the bank I will email..and a very pleasant one it was too.....also agreed to repay my overdraft instead of getting a loan and being further in debt.....happy to say the least...as for my charges well they have 8 days to give me a decision before i submit my claim to the courts...will update as soon as i have feedback.

MODERATED post moved ... Can you please keep to the one thread this is for your benefit and the benefit of everyone following your claim.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks