Not just #MBNA

Ivanbb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just made a credit card purchase from PLAY.COM without the need to do anything except click.

This seems a bit odd. Shouldn't I have to enter the three digit number every time for security?

Are PLAY allowed to store this number?

I didn't get redirected to the MBNA security website either.

Anyone else found this?

it will be stored locally on your pc like cookies etc.

i would suggest running glary utils to clear out your local cache

and p'haps untick

tools/internet options/advanced/empty internet temp folder on close [or alike]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have you purchased anything from them before... if so they do ask if you wish to create an account and save card details, then its just a case of adding to your basket and hitting the checkout button.

When going back you have to enter your account username and password but thats it securitywise

Edit: If you dont want this to be the case then go into your my account area and delete the card details, you'll get prompted next time and you need to ensure you dont click on save card details.

S.

I had my card details stored on the site for one click ordering, but wasn't comfortable with that (more from the point of view of one of the kids ordering what they liked!

Did exactly as suggested above and opted for the details not to be stored.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I may be talking through my hat, but I don't think companies are allowed to store the 3-digit security code. It's part of their Terms with the Credit Card company. They can store the other card details though.

It's probably a case of them wanting the 3-digit code on the first order, but after that you will be in good standing with them so they are doing it on trust. I pay some recurring bills with a credit card (they don't give any choice) and I know these companies aren't storing the 3-digit code.

That code should be entered each time a transaction takes place, it shouldn' be stored.

QUOTE=PRBrown;3385547]I may be talking through my hat, but I don't think companies are allowed to store the 3-digit security code. It's part of their Terms with the Credit Card company. They can store the other card details though.

It's probably a case of them wanting the 3-digit code on the first order, but after that you will be in good standing with them so they are doing it on trust. I pay some recurring bills with a credit card (they don't give any choice) and I know these companies aren't storing the 3-digit code.