Anyone in dispute with online finance?

Kerrie78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I posted last night, under the 'other institutions' heading but nobody has replied and I've scoured the boards but can only find one other person dealing with them and hers is a mortgage dispute.

Mine is regarding a car finance. I'm not even 100% that I can claim against them cos this whole oft debate seems to be about banks, credit cards, store cards etc but nobody mentions hire purchase agreements. My finance is due to be paid off in 3 weeks so I'm keen to get this moving.

Has anyone had any kind of response from Online Finance?

Thanks

Settled at 50%

Clydesdale £155. Should have been £310 charges, plus interest :( Husbands Account.

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

:D Settled in FULL April 18th 2007. £5179.83 Paid but what a long battle!

:D

COMPENSATION OF £100 ON 14/04/08 FOR CONTINUED HARASSEMENT.

My dealings with Online Finance have been totally appalling...

I handed back the car voluntarily, but now they're being arsey about things, saying that they will counterclaim if I lodge a claim with them.

Apart from that, have no other dealings.

• 4 months later...

Kerrie

I see your post is a good few months old now. If you still need help pm me and I will help you as best I can. I purchased a car from Carcraft in November 2000 and finished paying off the car in 2005. During the 5 years I was with On:Line they charged me simewhere in the region of £1000 in arrears / breach of contract. I've recently gone through the motions with them and issues a notice of claim to them on Frdiay last week.

Let me know if you still need a helping hand.

I sent the 1st request and the LBA. I have a thread about it somewhere but i seem to have been sidetracked for a while!

I've just written a letter to get them to stop processing my data, for no other reason than I don't want them on my file and i've drafted the MCOL statement. I may actually file it tomorrow when i get paid.:D

They are obnoxious sh*tes but i'm sure i've read a winning thread on here somewhere. Somebody gained a judgement due to on:line not defending and got a judgement that way. On:line refused to pay and the bailiffs were threatened. I hope I get to that stage, i'd video it

here you go, have a read of this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/27229-sharon-line-finance-2.html

:razz:

I had to complain to ICO to get my statements, it's taken 3 months to get them!!

I'll follow your thread with interest then, hopefully it'll give me some idea what I'm in for!! - mind you can't be any worse than my current claim with Lloyds which is for less money!!! (£350) - and I thought getting 6.5K from HSBC was hard!

Keep us posted!

Sorry to hi-jack but was just wondering how i get hold of on-line finance - i want to send an SAR to them but I understand they've become GMAC. I've looked on GMACs website and have no idea where to send the SAR to, I dont want them to use the excuse that i posted to the wrong addess.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dai

Hi Dai, The original address I sent my pre lim and LBA letters to were the address listed below:-

On:Line Finance limited

Heol Gamlas

Parc Nantgarw,

Treforest Industrial Estate

Treforest

Cardiff

CF15 7QU

When I finally managed to get a response from On:Line Finance it was was from a gentleman by the name of Mark Rowan at the below address:-

Mark Rowan

Customer Complaints Officer

General Motors Acceptance Corporation (UK) plc

Wesley House

19 Chapel Street

Luton

Bedfordshire

LU1 2SE

Personally I would stick with the On:Line Finance address and send everything there. That office is still obviously active as they have been forwarding all of my letters to GMAC. Who by the way have now taken over On:Line Finance.

If you haven't already done so mate, start your own thread so that I and everyone else can keep progress on how you get on with them. If you need any help be sure to check my thread or pm or any of the thread mods. Hang on in there buddy I've filed against them last Friday for just under 1k's worth of admin charges over a 3 year period. And believe you me they are horrible, arrogant people to deal with.

Hi all, we are crrently awaiting the 5th court hearing regarding OnLine finance and my hubby, they are saying after 4 years of paying them theat we still owe them 3565.98 which is a joke, the charges they have applied to or account is awful, and every court case we have had Close Assistance who are the solicitors for online have sent different solicitors and the judge is NOT HAPPY, but also the judge cannot make up his mind, and this is causing us so mch stress, i am in the middle of writing up yet again another statement to the court as the past 4 i have written the judge told me they were too difficult to understand, even though a 5 year old could see what we have paid and what not, anyway close assistance and Online are **** bags, even the last solicitor working for them, told us that? i am going for the charges they have appied for the past 4 years and do youu know what THE JUDGE TOLD ME TO DO IT, honestly he told me that he thinks we have been over charged in charges, so fingers crossed when i send in the claim form, which i know i will have too, the judge who we have now, will be the judge who rules that day, go for it i say, they are the lowest of the lows and I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE not even my worse enemy, go get them i say, cos i am

• 2 weeks later...

Hi George,

I've just entered judgement by default against On:Line for £1000. As they are such a nasty bunch of people to deal with i've also taken the opportunity to request payment due immediately. Seeing as they are in arrears i've also issued a request for warrant of execution.

I would love nothing more than a court baliff turning up at the on;line finance offices in treforest and seizing some goods. I might try and arrange for a tv crew to be there. I hear x-ray or watchdog might be a good choice.

Anyways let's wait and see what happens. But they are sumbags with no remorse at all. I say claim claim claim.

Hi all,

i have a current live case ongoing with On:line finance, im still awaiting full disclosure from the SAR, as i received a partial disclosure a few days back. This was very sketchy and gave no real detail, though one thing it did reveal was the fact that when i paid the loan off 18 months early they failed to forward me the £657 rebate i should of received ! lol

can you believe it, i pay it off early and they keep the rebate themselves, and also for good measure charge me about £900 in fee's.

This case has not concluded and i guarantee that they will pay in the end ;-)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/61874-progenic-line-finance.html

Dont Rush - Take Your Time - Dont always take me seriously

:p

If you feel i have helped you then click

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

MBNA - Case Charges+PPI+CI+LA+Damages+costs

RBS Credit Card - Case Charges+CI+LA+Costs

Barclays - Case Charges+CI+LA+Damages+costs

Halifax - Case Charges+CI+Damages+costs

Online Finance - Case Charge+CI+Damages+costs

Hi all just an update from my last thread, well we went to court yesterday and lost, the judge did not want to listen to us, and ruled online as winners, so not for them to take the car back we offered £2000, that my mum offered us and £60.00 per month to pay the rest off, we are gutted, my hubby want to burn the car, and i just want to run away and hide, they are **** bags, one good things that came out of this is that the judge told me to GET BACK MY CHARGES from them which is currently £1788.98 since 2003, so i am sent SAR last night to an email address, but came back so i have posted this morning, to the trefforest address, to be honest i don't live far from trefforest and we were going to post it ourselves but hubby will probably put all their windows through lol.... anyway i'll keep you all posted about this, but please please nobody go with them ever...... they will screw you for years like they have with us....

Sorry to hear about that. I am going to try and claim my charges back of them too. Should be owed quite a fair bit, or unfair should I say. Is the SAR letter the same one as I use for the banks or can I download one specifically for this?

October - Letter sent for statements

October - Statements recived. Highlighed my charges (£2785) and sent a letter asking for the amount to be refunded in full

November - Recieved reply making an offer of £1000 which I will not be accepting.

30/11/06 - MCOL 3220.11 INC 8% - wait 14 days...(14/12/06)

Acknowledged on the last day :( 28 days to respond

03/01/07 Barclays are defending. Not sure what happens next...

Thanks for everyone's help so far

HI all,

sorry i wish i had posted this before i have an email address from one of the supervisors from online finance Ltd. i spoke to this bloke on the phone and actually i must say he was quite helpful, so an email to him may be helpful.

heres the addy: [email protected]

this mail is live because i used it a few days ago

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

Hi guys,

sorry to hear that you've all had just as much problems with On:Line Finance ( now part of GMAC ) as I did when I had my hire purchase agreement with them.

I took out a £5600 HP Agreement with them in November 2000. I finished paying it off in August 2005. During my agreement they sent me numerous letters for arrears and charged me £12 per letter. Most months they sent me at least 3 of these so called arrears letters.

I filed against them on 29/01/07 and they had until 14/02/07 to reply. They failed to do this and on 15/02/07 the court entered a judgement by default. I asked for payment forthwith and so took out a warrant of execution against them.

Today I phoned them to let them know that the court baliff was going to arrive with a film crew from BBC X-ray programme and they have written and handed me a signed cheque for the full amout of fees taken, 8% s69 county court act interest, court costs and the £55 fee for the issuing of the warrant.

You can and WILL win against them guys, i'm living proof of that. This company will do anything they can to milk you of your money. They show no remorse and are happy to take money from you for sening out a piece of A4 paper costing no more than a £1. Court all the way with them and show NO mercy and give them NO room for negotiation.

Remember if they were seizing your car or taking you to court for non payment / default of agreement do you think they would be mercifull to you?????

If anyone needs any addresses or names ofthe people I dealt with please either post on thread or private message me.

I have two addresses for correspondence & service and a contact and telephone number of the senior litigations manager.

Redmountie,

hmmm is the pope catholic ? ofcourse we want all the names and address's you can suply. I am caught up in a battle with them at the minute so could do with it.

cheers

• 1 year later...

Hi to the many.

In 2002 my Partner bought a car from Car Craft, 6 months later it broke down so her tried to claim on the £1000 warranty he paid out but they told us it was void and was always void so we were left with a garage bill of £400 so we tried everything to cancel this warranty and payment protection. We told them that we were going to struggle with payments and will have to miss one month but will pay the arrears over the next two months payments. They not only didnt listen but they proceeded to send us 4 letters in one week charging us £15 a letter telling us that we were late with payment we caught up with the missed payment but by then we owed so much in admin charges they repossed they car in 2004 but told us that because we had paid over £2000 on a loan amount of £4700 and have returned the car we didnt need to pay anything again. In 2005 we bought our house using GMAC not knowing this was online finance. In 2007 we received a CCJ summons from a solicitor demanding £10,000 which we obviously disputed. They are now saying that if my partner dosnt agree to securing the debt of now £4800 on our property and pay it back at £130 a month they debt of £10,000 will increase. They have sent this with our county courts letter head as a Tomlin Order but the court hasnt stamped it. Is this legal and can the do this as this is not my debt but it is both our house? They have given us 10 days to reply and what puzzles me is why give us a mortgage (which is no longer with them) if we owed them £10,000. I'm running out of fight please someone tell me they won their battle.

Frazzle i'm sorry to hear about all the grief you've been getting from these people but knowing them as i do i'm not at all surprised.

Unfortunately i'm not in the seem situation as you. I only took them to court to reclaim my charges which they refused to do until the court summons hit them. They then paid up pronto and wiped out the so called debt I owed them:).

They can be beaten but they do use bullying tactics. But to be honest the last thing I would ever do is put a charge against my house. You could accept the CCJ and plead your case to the judge couldn't you?

• 1 month later...

Im sorry its took so long to get back to you but thanks for the advice. It went back to court on the 14 July but yet again I wasnt informed of the time so I have to wait another 2 months to be told what happened as they dont release any information if they dont want to. Fingers crossed.:rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

i know this is an old thread, but really need some advice please...

in 2001 my husband bought a car from carcraft and was set up with finance for it from online finance, he drove away with the car that day.

he paid half of the agreement and handed back the car - with damages

online started to chase for £2k worth of damage..my husband asked for some proof of said damage and costs - he never recd this

they chased off an on for years but we never paid a penny

in nov 2007 my husband recd a letter stating there was to be a court case for a charge on our property for £7k+, unfortunatly my mum was killed that same day and it went on the back burner, because of this we were unable to change the court venue and it went ahead with out us and the judge awarded in their favour....

we havent heard a thing until now - they have sent a letter stating that we are to be charged interest and so the debt is increasing.

my husband called this morning, explained the above, and filed an official complaint with them, we know there is a long road ahead but was wonderin if anyone could please give us some advice, this seems so unfair

many thanks all