Portsmouth parking ticket!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Trying to find a way out of this parking ticket, so far looks solid but can any expert eyes see anything to get me off it?

I was parked on the left as you look at the link below, late on a Friday night, roughly where the red, dropped curb starts. The whole road down that side was full of cars, I parallel parked into the space.

I didn't even notice at the time, but the restriction is double-yellows, but loading allowed between 8am & 6pm

GOOGLEMAPS LINK:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=willis+road+portsmouth&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=17.078368,46.538086&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Willis+Rd,+Portsmouth+PO1+1,+United+Kingdom&ll=50.799835,-1.092396&spn=0.001112,0.00284&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=50.799835,-1.092396&panoid=9jMjuZUd4jP5LfGHG3_L5Q&cbp=12,96.15,,0,8.5

PHOTOS:

img0484ja.jpg

img0482p.jpg

TICKET: Took this picture on my phone so quality isn't great, can scan if need be. Blacked out the reg.

img0517dm.jpg

Anything at all to get out of it?

Many thanks.

Edited by 1ManRiot

Hi,

I've moved this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Trying to find a way out of this parking ticket, so far looks solid but can any expert eyes see anything to get me off it?

I was parked on the left as you look at the link below, late on a Friday night, roughly where the red, dropped curb starts. The whole road down that side was full of cars, I parallel parked into the space.

I didn't even notice at the time, but the restriction is double-yellows, but loading allowed between 8am & 6pm

GOOGLEMAPS LINK:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=willis+road+portsmouth&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=17.078368,46.538086&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Willis+Rd,+Portsmouth+PO1+1,+United+Kingdom&ll=50.799835,-1.092396&spn=0.001112,0.00284&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=50.799835,-1.092396&panoid=9jMjuZUd4jP5LfGHG3_L5Q&cbp=12,96.15,,0,8.5

PHOTOS:

img0484ja.jpg

img0482p.jpg

TICKET: Took this picture on my phone so quality isn't great, can scan if need be. Blacked out the reg. - but not PCN number..

Anything at all to get out of it?

Many thanks.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I was in Pompy some time ago out and about.

I noticed that nearly all the parking bays in the town centre near the railway station/dock had double end markings .

This was right from the Railway Station upto the Hover Craft landing place

I was in Pompy some time ago out and about.

I noticed that nearly all the parking bays in the town centre near the railway station/dock had double end markings .

This was right from the Railway Station upto the Hover Craft landing place

Double end markings being incorrect?

Double end markings being incorrect?

The contravention has nothing to do with the bay so thats not really relevant. The signage is however incorrect it should be a single yellow line with timeplate stating no waiting and no loading 8pm-midnight and midnight-6am. Not only is the time in the wrong format there is no 8pm to 6am in a day?? the line cannot be a double yellow line as for part of the day its a loading bay.

Magic, that will do for me, thanks.

I'm off to write my letter now...!!

Of course they will reject your appeal and most likely take you all the way to tribunal, they always do where a technicality is involved

in your appeal ask that they send the traffic order for this area and all the enabeling paperwork as per the traffic orders proceures.

something like this.

1) The traffic order for the area concerned.

2) Documentation that confirms the restriction you alleged I contravened has been legally enabled by regulations 6 to 18 of the 1996 Traffic order procedures andevidence that a Notice of Proposal was published, that the statutory bodies such as the three emergency services were consulted, that those affected by living and working in the vicinity were notified, that the draft order was made available for public inspection and that a Notice of Making was also published

Double yellow lines do not need timeplates

PSST! I know... but I didn't see any DYLs in the pictures. BUT i noted the OPs mention of them in the orginal post now so i'm sorry OK?

SO it should be a SYL WITH a plate.

• 2 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.