#parking : I wish I had seen this site earlier can anyone help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4750 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am new to forums but since reading here I have realised that I should have looked for help first.

I have received a letter from AS Securi-t saying I have not paid a PCN and it lists my car and a place I have never been to. In fact I am 100% sure that my car has never even been driven there.

It appears to be the usual letter that your members have reported on saying (even though the posts are some years ago). I now have to pay £94.00 to avoid further action. As i said, I wish I had looked here first as I contacted them straight away advising them that this has nothing to do with me. I even e-mailed them. Now I am worried that I have given them more contact details to persue me but my initial instict had been how could they possibly take action against me when the car wasn't physically there. I have told them that when they check their photo they will see that they have made a mistake. Your posts on here suggest that they will continue to persue me for this.

This is just wrong. What do you think I should do?

if this isd a private parking speculative invoice

then just ignore them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi as this supposed PCN is from somewhere you have not been to it may be advisable to check if your car has been cloned. My previous car was cloned and I received a speeding ticket from a traffic camera for that car from Cardiff luckily I was able to prove that my car was some 150 miles away about half an hour after the traffic camera took the picture. I had a hell of a job convincing the police even with proof that my car was 150 miles away in a garage been repaired.

Dpick

Thanks, this is a worry. I can probably get proof that I was not there as we have cctv at work.

How do you check if your car has been cloned?

Well personally I wouldn't worry about it just because a random private parking company has sent one of their threatograms. More than likely the idiots just got the reg number wrong of the real vehicle they were after. Just ignore them and forget it.

doing nothing is the most worrying part of these especially when you get threats stating 'beware of forum advisors'.Mr perkins is good at this.

In this case as they refuse to listen I think it maybe worth sending a letter confirming that the vehicle was not in the vacinity that day as they have already been told by phone , that they need to cease and decist with the threatening letters otherwise a complaint will be made to the police and the traiding standards for harrasement and intentionally causing a distress. You may also want to imlicate the land owner aswel.

This puts the stance in formal mode --- shows that there has been an attept to rectify the situation and that the OP is fully prepared to roll up sleaves.